14616Re: [SCA Newcomers] New members!

  • svanarose
    May 31, 2009
      I am very glad to see someone saying these things to newcomers. Even though i am a newcomer, ive experienced just enough hassles, headaches and stressers about this to be able to advise other newcomers.

      The hassles, headaches and stressers i speak of DID NOT come from the SCA by no means. It came from just a handful of individuals that try and control things within their prospective groups.

      In the beginning i was led to believe i had to have a name chosen before i could join. Before i could submit a name, i had to have a persona created with a history of this persona. Even more such "have to" stuff. Once i debunked some of those things i began to enjoy this so much more. Basically because i was able to take things at a pace that was comfortable for me.

      The best thing i ever did for myself in this was reach out and ask questions to many. Reading the SCA site helps a lot.

      With all due sincerity and respect
      Svana