14002name "Loudose" (was: Hey Here's a new guy. . .)

  • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
    Nov 19, 2008
      new guy! wrote:
      > I'm looking at the name Loudose. . .i found it mentioned on s-gabriel.
      > . .and a mention in a book about welsh saints.. . .I'm thinking the
      > name is roughly 10th century and is welsh in origin.

      It's usually helpful to list a URL or at least an article title when
      you mention something you've seen online, especially if it's on as vast
      and complex a site as the Medieval Names Archive.

      I couldn't find anything about the name "Loudose". I found "Loudoce"
      in "The First 1000 Years of British Names"
      <http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/tangwystyl/british1000/>, however. Is
      that the name you meant? It appears in a list of Welsh masculine given
      names taken from those portions of the Book of Llandav that relate to
      the 6th through 10th centuries. I see no reason it shouldn't be
      considered a perfectly reasonable choice for an early-period Welsh
      persona, or that it couldn't be registered if combined with an
      appropriate Old Welsh byname.

      Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      Barony of Bryn Gwlad
      Kingdom of Ansteorra