12688Re: [SCA Newcomers] Silk, linen, cotton? HELP!

    Apr 4 5:41 PM
      In a message dated 4/4/2008 8:26:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      briana.delaney@... writes:

      <<I have heard that further North was generally a bit more conservative.>>

      So have I, but this just strikes me not as an older style, but as a
      variation on what I know of about the style of that time, and I don't know if it is a
      historically accurate variation or a misunderstanding of the style on the
      part of the maker. I looked at a few of their other garments from time periods
      I am more familiar with, and the few photos I saw looked pretty good, which
      is a point in their favor, but I have also seen folks who sell very accurate
      clothing for one period and very inaccurate clothing for another. Revival
      Clothing comes to mind; their 14th century stuff is pretty good, I believe, but
      their interpretation of women's 12th century clothing is very outdated.

      Lancaster, PA