11289Re: [SCA Newcomers] making garb

  • Crystal ortiz
    Sep 1, 2007
      Welcome to the SCA!!!

      In truth I've used commerical patterns several times
      and then (with research) adapted them to a more
      historically accurate garment. I have however made my
      own patterns using (don't laught) a t-shirt, masking
      tape and sisscors. Not to mention making damn good use
      of the laurels in my kingdom. I currently wear a good
      deal of german garb which is quite form fitting and
      with the use of a mannaquin it certainly does help!!!

      I hope this helps?

      -Cris