11288making garb

  • sylance123
    Sep 1, 2007
      I am new to the SCA but not to sewing, atleast from patterns. I really
      like to get patterns and morph them to something else closer to what
      i'm going for. but I've never really been able to make my own patterns.
      i was curious to know if most of you make your garb without patterns or
      if you use patterns already made but just redo them to what you need?
      also, doew anyone have one of those manakin (i don't know how to spell
      it) that are specifically used for fashion, the ones that can be
      adjusted to be certain measurements? do you find that ahving one of
      those helps or is just nice for fine tuning garb rather than building
      on?

      and also, does anyone know any good sources for irish or scottish garb?
      namely gaelic but i'm still unsure of what i'm truly going for in time
      period.

      thanks for your help!
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic