10678Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: SCA terms (was On not being a fried egg at events)

  • Dianne & Greg Stucki
    Jul 3, 2007
      At 01:42 PM 7/2/2007, you wrote:
      > Badges and devices are not the same thing heraldically, but I'll
      >leave it to the heralds to explain. Shield is a piece of armament
      >where your heraldry is often displayed, not a term for the heraldry
      >itself. >>

      In a nutshell, your arms (or device) say "This is
      ME." Your badge says "This is MINE".

      Your arms are flown on your banner or whatever
      when you are present. Your badge can be used to
      mark things that belong to you, physical
      possessions, the livery of servants, etcetera.

      Laurensa
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic