      From: "schnauzer2@..." <schnauzer2@...>

      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com

      Cc: Billy <brim4799@...>

      Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2007 11:29:46 AM

      Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Garb Question

      I find that for a gambeson it fits better without the gores. U put my armor over the padded gambeson, so bunch is uncomfortale. If you put slits from just below your waist to the bottom in the fron, back and both sides, you have lots of freedom of movement, but no bunching.

      YIS,

      Sian verch Gwilim ap Lewelin

      Atlantia/Barony Ponte Alto

      ---- Billy <brim4799@gmail. com> wrote:

      ============ =

      Yes, this helps very much! Thanks.

      One more question to all. I'm planning to construct a gambeson from

      the Reconstructing History pattern (yes, from a moving blanket). Any

      thoughts about the gores? If I understand the pattern correctly (and

      looking at the garb we did last night), the gores basically double the

      circumference of the bottom of the tunic (the four gores having a

      total length equal to the width of both the front and back of the

      tunic). My mind says this is going to be a bit much with quilted

      material. Has anyone out there built a gambeson like this? Advice

      is, as always, greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Billy