Re: Gap staging and piston recovery of booster

  • Evan Nau
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      --- In scaleroc@yahoogroups.com, "ibquestor" <ibquestor@y...> wrote:

      > A while back, after NARAM, there was discussion about gap staging and
      > piston recovery of the booster (?). Someone was possibly uploading
      a file
      > (drawing) to better describe how this takes place.
      >
      > I read the NARAM 38 R&D report about gap staging recovery and would
      > like hear more about this technique. A drawing would be nice to go
      along
      > with the description especially the piston idea.
      >
      > Paul

      If it was NARAM 38 then that was my Team R&D report. It appeared in a
      later issue of Sport Rocketry. Tom Beach drew a much better plan than
      my original *LOL* I'll look for it tonight and scan you a copy if you
      don't have the issue. I also have the original report with photos of
      the models if you think that would be helpful.

      Regards,
      Buzz Nau