Re: [Scaleroc] Mercury Beach Abort 2.0

  • Chad W. Cox
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2003
      James
      Looks real nice, Good work
      Chad
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: James Duffy
      To: scaleroc@yahoogroups.com ; contestRoc@yahoogroups.com ; rocketry-austin@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 11:07 PM
      Subject: [Scaleroc] Mercury Beach Abort 2.0

      Fellow Rocket People,

      I've just completed construction of the NARAM version of Team Shovel
      Recovery's 1/24 scale Mercury Beach Abort model, and have posted a few
      photos at:

      http://homepage.mac.com/jduffy/PhotoAlbum37.html

      (Note that several of the photos have a weird dusty appearance, which I
      attribute to my new digital camera. I may be returning it to Fry's as a
      result.)

      Improvements this time around include:

      * A piston launch capability, which eliminates the launch lug hole through
      the camera port of the capsule shroud.
      * lighter mass due to a thinner heat shield.
      * Thinner, more accurate tower lattice uprights.
      * Improved recovery section and antenna section castings.

      Look for it at NARAM next week. Now, off to freshen up the Ariane 5 PMC
      model...

      James

      James Duffy
      jduffy@...

      "You never finish a scale model. You just stop working on it."

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Don't forget to check out NARScale's "official" web page.
      Go to http://welcome.to/narscale