??

  • p.mcquillan
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 19 7:37 AM
      Who's Susie Rogers?

      (besides being one upset female!!)

      MAC
    • Scheevel, Mark
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 19 7:39 AM
        I don't know *who* she is, but her email address is frighteningly similar to
        one of Steve Rogers's (srogers1@...; note the "1" in the name). I
        imagine that's where the trouble is coming from. Maybe one of the masters
        of the group can edit the actual addresses?

        Mark

      • Fehskens, Len
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 19 7:44 AM
          She's a housewife from Austin (Texas?) who somehow got subscribed
          to the group. I've sent her instructions about how to unsubscribe and
          asked her to please stop replying to every message she gets.

          len.

        • kwickart@cyberianet.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 19 8:26 AM
            At 09:39 AM 4/19/01 -0500, you wrote:
            >I don't know *who* she is, but her email address is frighteningly similar to
            >one of Steve Rogers's (srogers1@...; note the "1" in the name). I
            >imagine that's where the trouble is coming from. Maybe one of the masters
            >of the group can edit the actual addresses?
            >
            >Mark

            I just manually removed her from the list.

            --Kevin--
          • p.mcquillan
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 19 8:48 AM
              Well I meen to say, no pleasing some people.
              There's us paying Kevin $100 a year to be members, someone gets it free and
              complains!
              Tut---

              What do you meen no one else pays Kevin----------???

              KEVIN!! ;)

              MAC.
            • Steven Rogers
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 19 11:48 PM
                >At 09:39 AM 4/19/01 -0500, you wrote:
                >
                > I just manually removed her from the list.

                I guess I'm still on then . . . (whew, that was close)

                Steve "not Suzie" Rogers
                --

                Steve Rogers
                @Outcome, Austin TX -- AIM: StevRocket
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 20 1:19 PM
                  Greetings,
                  What is the standard going price for Estes Saturn V flying rocket?

                  Thanks,
                  Scott
                • Bob Wilson
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 20 1:55 PM
                    Check out the prices that Valueland are showing for
                    it.
                    They seem pretty good.

                    Bob

                    --- Scott Lane <scotty@...> wrote:
                    > Greetings,
                    > What is the standard going price for Estes Saturn V
                    > flying rocket?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Scott

                    http://auctions.yahoo.com/
                  • Scott Lane
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 20 7:46 PM
                      Rats. That's what I found it for locally. I thought I remembered
                      them going for about $100 and I had found a steal :)

                      Thanks,
                      Scott

                      >Check out the prices that Valueland are showing for
                      >it.
                      >They seem pretty good.
                      > > What is the standard going price for Estes Saturn V
                      > > flying rocket?
                    • Mark Morley
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 22 5:32 PM
                        Ah. But now you own one. Isn't that the really important bit?
                        It's the only kit I would ever truly enjoy owning without building
                        it. I'm going to build mine, you understand, but I'd enjoy it even
                        if I didn't. Heck, if my grandpa left me an Astron Space Plane
                        in his will, I wouldn't feel right until I built it. (that ought to
                        shake up some collectors)
                        ]\/[ark

                        > Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:46:15 -0400
                        > From: Scott Lane <scotty@...>
                        >Subject: Re: Estes Saturn V
                        >
                        > Rats. That's what I found it for locally. I thought I remembered
                        >them going for about $100 and I had found a steal :)
                      • Peggy Kemp
                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 22 6:41 PM
                          I was refered to this list by Jim Ball, after I sent an e-mail to him (based
                          on what I had seen on his website).

                          I am building a 1/10 scale (Sport scale) model of a Strongarm, with 4 of 5
                          stages functional. it will use a G40 to D12 to D12 to C6-7, with a forecast
                          altitude of 2500' (Will send a short file showing stage composition to
                          anyone that would like it). Question is: Does anyone have any colour
                          pictures of a Strongarm?

                          Leon Kemp
                          CAR S561
                        • Carroll, Connery
                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 23 5:11 AM
                            If I'm not mistaken, the Strongarm was an Aerotech kit loosely based on the Standard ARM (Anti Radiation Missile).

                            Connery

                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 23 6:47 AM
                              AH! Very cool!  Didn't realize that there was an actual rocket named "strongarm" but that would definitely be a nice model to build.

                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 23 7:42 AM

                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 11, 2002
                                  This isn't scale related, but while it's quite, thought some might find it
                                  interesting.

                                  MAC
                                • waivlink@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 11, 2002
                                    In a message dated 9/11/02 1:02:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                    p.mcquillan@... writes:

                                    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2251386.stm

                                    From the article:
                                    If it is determined that J002E2 is natural it will become Earth's third
                                    natural satellite. Earth's second one is called Cruithne. It was discovered
                                    in 1986 and it takes a convoluted horseshoe path around our planet as it is
                                    tossed about by the Earth's and the Moon's gravity.

                                    I was not aware we had another natural satellite. And who got to name it???
                                    :-)

                                    Kelo "out of touch" Waivio

                                  • waivlink@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Sep 11, 2002
                                      In a message dated 9/11/02 9:50:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, waivlink@...
                                      writes:

                                      > From the article:
                                      > If it is determined that J002E2 is natural it will become Earth's third
                                      > natural satellite. Earth's second one is called Cruithne. It was discovered
                                      >
                                      > in 1986 and it takes a convoluted horseshoe path around our planet as it is
                                      >
                                      > tossed about by the Earth's and the Moon's gravity.
                                      >

                                      > I was not aware we had another natural satellite. And who got to name it???
                                      >
                                      > :-)

                                      http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/second_moon_991029.html

                                      http://www.astro.queensu.ca/~wiegert/3753/3753.html

                                      Kelo

                                    • petealway@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Sep 11, 2002
                                        In a message dated 9/11/02 8:50:03 PM, waivlink@... writes:

                                        << If it is determined that J002E2 is natural it will become Earth's third
                                        natural satellite. Earth's second one is called Cruithne. It was discovered
                                        in 1986 and it takes a convoluted horseshoe path around our planet as it is
                                        tossed about by the Earth's and the Moon's gravity.

                                        I was not aware we had another natural satellite. And who got to name it???
                                        :-) >>

                                        I teach astronomy, and I was rather taken aback. I did a google search on
                                        Cruithne. It's not really an earth satellite. It's an asteroid orbiting the
                                        sun, but it is an orbit very similar to ours, so it has some weird
                                        interactions with Earth.

                                        The discoverer got to name it, after some Celtic mythical figure.

                                        Peter Alway
                                      • p.mcquillan
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Sep 12, 2002
                                          Well maybe this is better news?

                                          Choose your sun loungers!

                                          I didn't know we had one other moon let alone another!

                                          MAC (also not in touch!)