Re: Low Cost 3D Printer -- my experience

  • rocketguy101
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 27 8:19 PM
      I put the files and a document explaining what they are and other details in the "Low Cost 3D Printing" folder in the files section--look for "DRegTomahawk_STL.zip".

      Be sure to read the document--for example the files were created w/ "millimeter" units so your parts need to be scaled with your printer software or you will get a surprise!

      --- In scaleroc@yahoogroups.com, "rocketguy101" <rocketguy101@...> wrote:

      > Sure thing, Gary! I checked w/ James and the files are on his home computer. He said he would retrieve them and bring them to work. I will post them in the same files directory as the report and pictures when I can get them uploaded.

    • Gary Crowell
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2012
        Got it! Looks good in ReplicatorG - I'll be trying some prints tonight.

        Thanks,
        Gary

        On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM, rocketguy101 <rocketguy101@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I put the files and a document explaining what they are and other details
        > in the "Low Cost 3D Printing" folder in the files section--look for
        > "DRegTomahawk_STL.zip".
        >
        > Be sure to read the document--for example the files were created w/
        > "millimeter" units so your parts need to be scaled with your printer
        > software or you will get a surprise!
        >

        > --- In scaleroc@yahoogroups.com, "rocketguy101" <rocketguy101@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Sure thing, Gary! I checked w/ James and the files are on his home
        > computer. He said he would retrieve them and bring them to work. I will
        > post them in the same files directory as the report and pictures when I can
        > get them uploaded.

      • Gary Crowell
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2012
          I've got the nose cone and new shroud printed and they're looking pretty
          good. Will try a fin tonight. I also want to take a shot at the old
          shroud.