Proposal - merge all rocket groups into one group

  • gcgassaway@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2009
      Proposal:

      Merge ContestRoc, OldRockets, ScaleRoc, RocketBoostedGlider, S9GyroCopter,
      NAR_FAI_Spacemodeling, and any other rocket Yahoogroups that are SUPPOSED to be
      about specific things into one group:

      RocketsAndNotRockets

      That way, everything will always be on -topic.

      And AT LEAST the people who DO belong to more than one of those groups will
      not be SPAMMED with cross-posts of the same thing.

      For the sarcasm-challenge, no, this is not a serious proposal.

      These groups were created for specific reasons, so that the discussion would
      tend to be about what the groups were created for? Oh what a stupid concept,
      huh?

      - George Gassaway

    • David Montgomery
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2009
        --- In scaleroc@yahoogroups.com, gcgassaway@... wrote:

        > Proposal:
        >
        > Merge ContestRoc, OldRockets, ScaleRoc, RocketBoostedGlider, S9GyroCopter,
        > NAR_FAI_Spacemodeling, and any other rocket Yahoogroups that are SUPPOSED to be
        > about specific things into one group:
        >
        > RocketsAndNotRockets
        >
        > That way, everything will always be on -topic.
        >
        > And AT LEAST the people who DO belong to more than one of those groups will
        > not be SPAMMED with cross-posts of the same thing.
        >
        > For the sarcasm-challenge, no, this is not a serious proposal.
        >
        > These groups were created for specific reasons, so that the discussion would
        > tend to be about what the groups were created for? Oh what a stupid concept,
        > huh?
        >
        > - George Gassaway

        Which why I do most of my "on-line" rocketry activities on the Ye Old
        Rocket Forum, The Rocketry Forum, Rocketry Planet and NASASpaceflight.
        com websites. The main reason why I'm on a few (select) Yahoo Groups is because they have files/links/plans that I can (and do) use.....

        Dave, NAR # 21853 SR., Team # 040
        Challenger 498 Section NAR Advisor