Re: What lightbars and parts and accessories are all of you looking for or need?

  • emergencymodels_inc
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2002
      --- In scalecentral@y..., peteong <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > My suggestions (not that I need any at the moment).
      >
      > * The new 911 LED lightbar mentioned on this board would be
      > nice...along with the mounts to go with it.

      IS THERE A WEBSITE LINK TO THE LIGHTBAR? I HAVE ABOUT A DOZEN
      LIGHTBARS TO ADD TO MY SITE. I CANT DO IT TILL MY DAD FINISHES MAKING
      MY VACUM FORMER TO MAKE THE LENSES. SHOULD BE A WEEK TO 2 WEEKS.
      BEFORE THE LIGHTBARS ARE ADDED. I WILL BE ADDING 2 LIGHTBARS THIS
      WEEK TO MY STORE.

      > * Mobile Data Terminals (alhtough SEL's laptop might work for this
      > but I think that piece is $5 each!).

      I HAVE AN MDT ITS THE COPY OF THE ONE FROM THE REVELL CAPRICE POLICE
      KIT. IS THIS GOOD OR IS SOMETHING BETTER NEEDED?

      > * Handheld walkie-talkies.

      I HAD MADE A MOLD OF THESE LAST WEEK WILL BE ADDED SOON TO MY STORE

      > * A little rigid inflatable boat with oars for surf rescue.

      ARE YOU TALKIING ABOUT THE TYPE THAT IS IN REVELL'S UNIMOG RW1 FIRE
      KIT?
    • peteong
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2002
        http://www.911ep.com/millennium.html

        (Thanks to someone else on this site who posted the URL before :-)).

        The Millennium bar seems the newest trend here on the West Coast.
        Also notice the mounts are needed too.

        I had a friend make copies of the Revell MDT for me. Then keyboard
        is fine but note that today's MDTs uses the flat screen like a laptop
        (which one can easily scratchbuild, I suppose), not the box screen as
        in the Revell Caprice.

        The RIB on the Unimog kit I don't know about. However, if you have
        the Motorbooks "Special Police Vehicles," the RIB is on the
        NYPD "Baywatch" pickup. The trick is to make it large enough for one
        or two men but small enough to be mounted on the roof rack and be
        lifted by one man (or two at most).

        I don't need any of these item. They're just suggestions. I think
        the Millennium lightbar would be ideal, however.

        ==============
        Rob, great bumperettes. That's what I'm looking for. I'll talk to
        you soon.

        Pete
      • lincolnxrayida
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2002
          A bell-shaped siren would be nice, maybe based on the one on the "Cop Out"
          Mars bar. While we're at it, how about the whole bar?
        • emergencymodels_inc
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2002
            I do have to say that led lightbar is different. I can see what I can
            do about making those. And the Mars bar from the Cop Out kit is
            doable also. I have one of those.
            Also since everyone is posting different sites. Here is mine.

            http://stores.andale.com/emergencymodelsinc
          • trashranger
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5, 2002
              --- In scalecentral@y..., emergencymodels_inc <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              >I am looking for info or help on a lightbar that I saw on car on a
              model contest site. I don't know the name, but Code 360 was on the
              side of it. I have had no such luck finding this style of lightbar.

              Thks Chris
            • emergencymodels_inc
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5, 2002
                --- In scalecentral@y..., "trashranger" <trashranger@y...> wrote:
                > --- In scalecentral@y..., emergencymodels_inc <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > >I am looking for info or help on a lightbar that I saw on car on a
                > model contest site. I don't know the name, but Code 360 was on the
                > side of it. I have had no such luck finding this style of lightbar.
                >
                > Thks Chris

                Do you have a picture of it? Who is the maker of it?

                Ken
              • fd141
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 10, 2002
                  --- In scalecentral@y..., emergencymodels_inc <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In scalecentral@y..., "trashranger" <trashranger@y...> wrote:
                  > > --- In scalecentral@y..., emergencymodels_inc <no_reply@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > > >I am looking for info or help on a lightbar that I saw on car on
                  > > model contest site. I don't know the name, but Code 360 was on
                  the
                  > > side of it. I have had no such luck finding this style of
                  lightbar.

                  > > Thks Chris
                  >

                  > Do you have a picture of it? Who is the maker of it?
                  >
                  > Ken

                  Ken,
                  I found this on eBay......The First one I've seen........
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2120947999

                  Hope this helps,Danny