Re: [Scale Central] Re: F550

  • Marjorie Grilli
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
      Rick,
      i don't know of any F550 models, i use the testors/maisto F350 extensivly in my work. only problem is, it's actualy 1:27th scale, hardly noticable, to the average guy,  but when you deal with precision fanatics... it matters!  i am working on  an ESU unit now (research stage) i should have one out in a month or so. like i said, check out the F350, and just get your self a set of doolie wheels and tires.
                                   Rob
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
        The Matchbox version of the F350 will work. The 550 only has a
        slightly beefier suspension, a different engine, and different
        scripts. Not many people would notice all those. The Matchbox
        dually is also 1/25th scale. You should be able to find one at a
        Toys "R" Us or similar stores.
        Nicholas
      • Marjorie Grilli
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
          Nicholas,
          thanks for that little nugget of info!!  i thought that the matchbox truck was of the same casting as the testors/ maisto in 27th scale!   cool, i will have to check it out!
                                     Rob

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
            Definitely different castings. Good thing too as that Testors kit
            looks too small next to anything 1/25th scale.
            Nicholas