Re: lights in rearview mirrors

  • john_mg
    Message 1 of 5348 , Apr 1, 2000
      Pete,<br> I did the NYSP CV (2F8 -the one in
      Monroe)and the best way I found to make them was to use the
      kit mirrors and build up the height of the lenses
      with plastic stock. Then when they "protrude" at the
      right distance, form the shape with putty and sand it
      down. Paint the mirrors black and paint the light part
      with chrome silver and then clear red. Email me if you
      want to see it- I'm nearby and can meet with you
      somewhere.
    • peteong
      Message 5348 of 5348 , Sep 1, 2002
        To set the record straight before any confusion...

        10-8 Hobbies' ESU body is__NOT__Fred's Custom Models' ESU body.

        Rob, 10-8's owner, made__his own__custom and accurate ESU body (not a
        FCM recast, addition, or modification). 10-8's is (of course) newer
        than Fred's.

        So remember, FCM's and 10-8's ESU bodies are two separate bodies, not
        the same one or an alteration of FCM's.

        I forgot to mention this important fact.
        Pete