Re: Modelhause Impala

  • swduffy
    Message 1 of 5348 , Jun 1, 2001
      Ari<br><br>Not to worry, I just went into my
      Scale Auto Library, and pulled out the issue - January
      1999 - Number 119. I also have a flatbed scanner
      attached to my puter. If anyone needs the article e-mail
      me at swduffy@... and I will scan the
      article.<br><br>As I suspected the car represents a 1995 model car,
      but is not unlike my 1982 Impala. I miss my old
      impala, cause GM did it right when they built the car.
      some time in the future. The car I plan to build
      represents a car a drove a few years ago. This car was also
      done up as a unmarked police car, with the black wall
      oversized tires (This car did not like the stock 205's but
      loved the 225') I also took chrome trim off of this
      car. I also replaced the hubcaps with dog dish hub
      caps (I still have those some where)<br><br>This car
      was even in a local car show as a cop car look a
      like. (It was a overcast day and they where desperate
      for vehicles at that point in the day, so in the show
      she went).<br><br>forgive my rambling, talking about
      this kit brings back many memory's of my own flying
      brick<br><br>Sean
    • peteong
      Message 5348 of 5348 , Sep 1, 2002
        To set the record straight before any confusion...

        10-8 Hobbies' ESU body is__NOT__Fred's Custom Models' ESU body.

        Rob, 10-8's owner, made__his own__custom and accurate ESU body (not a
        FCM recast, addition, or modification). 10-8's is (of course) newer
        than Fred's.

        So remember, FCM's and 10-8's ESU bodies are two separate bodies, not
        the same one or an alteration of FCM's.

        I forgot to mention this important fact.
        Pete