Picked Up A Lindberg Charger Today

  • ifd29buff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2012
      From the looks of all the stuff in the box, it's going to be a fun build. Once I get going on it, I'll do a review of it. Judging from what I've seen so far, it looks like Lindberg has out done themselves!!!
    • Thomas Connolly
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2012
        the Lindberg charger is from the testors charger tool
        Once I get going on it, I'll do a review of it. Judging from what I've seen
        so far, it looks like Lindberg has out done themselves!!!
      • ifd29buff@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2012
          I just read an article about it in one my issues of Scale Auto, and I can't wait to get started on it!!! However, I have to finish the Lonestar I'm working on.

          the Lindberg charger is from the testors charger tool
          Once I get going on it, I'll do a review of it. Judging from what I've seen
          so  far, it looks like Lindberg has out done  themselves!!!

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              scalecentral-digest@yahoogroups.com
              scalecentral-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • A. J. Ramming
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2012
          It is a great kit.  Here's a Charger chief's buggy I built earlier this year.  I've also built several as squad cars.

          A.J.

          Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2012
            Testors doesn't own any tooling, Lindberg did a run of the tool which was branded for and sold as a Testors kit. This is the same for every Testors kit throughout history, they've all been a "branded" run of someone's tooling.

            The kit itself is reasonably decent, there's unfortunately more than a few compromises from the kit tooling being a civilian R/T, Daytona, SRT-8 (as Lindberg's own branding). The instructions leave a lot to be desired, especially how the serpentine belt/accessories attach to the engine. The police parts themselves leaves something to be desired, especially in the lightbars, but that's what we have Dave Panek for... ;)

            -- James

          • Ictpacman1@aol.com
            Message 6 of 6 , May 6, 2012
              That's nice, A. J.

              Modeling is Meditation

              Phil

              [Attachment(s) from A. J. Ramming included below]