New Photos

  • whaleboat2001
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1 4:32 AM
      I just posted two photos in my album "Whaleboat" of my semi scratchbuilt Mack Gorter water tower.

      Al Blevins
    • Ictpacman1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 1 3:32 PM
        That is one cool Mack, Al.

        Modeling is Meditation

        Phil

        I just posted two photos in my album "Whaleboat" of my semi scratchbuilt Mack
        Gorter water tower.

        Al Blevins

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            scalecentral-digest@yahoogroups.com
            scalecentral-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • whaleboat2001
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 3 2:52 PM
          Thanks Phil. I meditated for about seven weeks on that Mack.

          Al

          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011
            I just added three photos of my almost completed semi-scratchbuilt Updated Mack Bulldog tillered city service ladder truck. Installed pneumatic tires on the tractor and trailer in addition to warning lights, leather windshield and siren. The ladders are scratchbuilt as well as the two plaster hooks. Green objects stored under the ladders are salvage covers.

            Al Blevins
          • Stephen
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011

              Al,

              Your Mack bulldog tillered city service ladder truck looks fine.

              Let me guess, did you use the old Wilo Line wood kit of the horse drawn rig coupled to a plastic Monogram  Mack Bulldog model?

              It looks really well done.

              Stephen

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011
                That is one nice Bulldog, Al.

                Modeling is Meditation

                Phil

                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011
                  Thank you Stephen,

                  I wish! I would love to find some of the old wooden horse drawn kits. I built several of them about 60 years ago and gave them all away during relocations.

                  I used a scrap box chassis from some kit or other as the frame, and everything else of the trailer, except for the springs and tires/wheels, is scratchbuilt.

                  Al

                • whaleboat2001
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011
                    Yes, that is the Monogram Mack Bulldog, greatly modified; shortened wheelbase, pneumatic tires and wheels, fifth wheel, running boards, updated headlights, warning lights, siren and rear fenders.

                    --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <auslend@...> wrote:

                    > Al,
                    >
                    > Your Mack bulldog tillered city service ladder truck looks fine.
                    >
                    > Let me guess, did you use the old Wilo Line wood kit of the horse drawn rig
                    > coupled to a plastic Monogram Mack Bulldog model?
                    >
                    > It looks really well done.
                    >
                    > Stephen
                    >

                    > _____
                  • Stephen
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011

                      Al,

                      They appear on eBay from time to time. You can establish a search for them on eBay and when one appears you can bid for it if you want. They appear on eBay from time to time.

                      There is only one from their line that I do not have but I do have the plans for all of them.

                      What I do not have is the time to make them.

                      Well, one cannot have it all, I guess.

                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 11, 2011
                        Thanks again Stephen. I will look on Ebay.

                      • ifd29buff@aol.com

                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 14, 2011
                            Thank you.