New Photos

  • whaleboat2001
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 8, 2011
      I have added photos in Whaleboat of my kit bashed generic chassis and cab with a Seagrave style pump body. Comments and criticisms welcome.
    • ifd29buff@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 8, 2011
        Nice!!! The grill sort of has an older Seagrave look to it!!!

        In a message dated 4/8/2011 8:53:47 P.M. US Eastern Daylight Time, whaleboat2001@... writes:
        I have added photos in Whaleboat of my kit bashed generic chassis and cab with a Seagrave style pump body. Comments and criticisms welcome.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            scalecentral-digest@yahoogroups.com
            scalecentral-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • whaleboat2001
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 9, 2011
          Thank you. I did add some aspects of Seagrave styling to the generic chassis and cab. I revised the bumper and painted the grill with the lower portion of the fins painted in red. I also added the bell and spotlight in similar fashion. I applied striping in the minimalist Seagrave style though elimating the graceful curves the employed. I had started out to do a combination pumper/ladder truck but the thought of building all those ladders disuaded me.

          Al Blevins

        • Ictpacman1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 10, 2011
            That's sharp.

            Modeling is Meditation

            Phil

            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 10, 2011
              Thank you Phil. Yes, I find modeling to even be theraputic.

              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
                I have added four photos to Album Whaleboat. My recently completed American LaFrance Eagle Pumper in Chicago colors (2) and comparison photos (2) of my kit bashed 1926 Mack Bulldog squad truck and 2006 American LaFrance Eagle Pumper titled "Then and Now". The American LaFrance was built out of the box with addition of a canvas hose bed cover and the Chicago markings.
                Al Blevins
              • whaleboat2001
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 1, 2011
                  I just posted two photos in my album "Whaleboat" of my semi scratchbuilt Mack Gorter water tower.

                  Al Blevins
                • Ictpacman1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 1, 2011
                    That is one cool Mack, Al.

                    Modeling is Meditation

                    Phil

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 3, 2011
                      Thanks Phil. I meditated for about seven weeks on that Mack.

                      Al

                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011
                        I just added three photos of my almost completed semi-scratchbuilt Updated Mack Bulldog tillered city service ladder truck. Installed pneumatic tires on the tractor and trailer in addition to warning lights, leather windshield and siren. The ladders are scratchbuilt as well as the two plaster hooks. Green objects stored under the ladders are salvage covers.

                        Al Blevins
                      • Stephen
                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011

                          Al,

                          Your Mack bulldog tillered city service ladder truck looks fine.

                          Let me guess, did you use the old Wilo Line wood kit of the horse drawn rig coupled to a plastic Monogram  Mack Bulldog model?

                          It looks really well done.

                          Stephen

                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011
                            That is one nice Bulldog, Al.

                            Modeling is Meditation

                            Phil

                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011
                              Thank you Stephen,

                              I wish! I would love to find some of the old wooden horse drawn kits. I built several of them about 60 years ago and gave them all away during relocations.

                              I used a scrap box chassis from some kit or other as the frame, and everything else of the trailer, except for the springs and tires/wheels, is scratchbuilt.

                              Al

                            • whaleboat2001
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011
                                Yes, that is the Monogram Mack Bulldog, greatly modified; shortened wheelbase, pneumatic tires and wheels, fifth wheel, running boards, updated headlights, warning lights, siren and rear fenders.

                                --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <auslend@...> wrote:

                                > Al,
                                >
                                > Your Mack bulldog tillered city service ladder truck looks fine.
                                >
                                > Let me guess, did you use the old Wilo Line wood kit of the horse drawn rig
                                > coupled to a plastic Monogram Mack Bulldog model?
                                >
                                > It looks really well done.
                                >
                                > Stephen
                                >

                                > _____
                              • Stephen
                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 10, 2011

                                  Al,

                                  They appear on eBay from time to time. You can establish a search for them on eBay and when one appears you can bid for it if you want. They appear on eBay from time to time.

                                  There is only one from their line that I do not have but I do have the plans for all of them.

                                  What I do not have is the time to make them.

                                  Well, one cannot have it all, I guess.

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 11, 2011
                                    Thanks again Stephen. I will look on Ebay.

                                  • ifd29buff@aol.com

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 14, 2011
                                        Thank you.