Re: New style

  • niteowl7710
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 1, 2009
      --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, twins081700 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > James-
      > I am not quite up on modern LED bars...is that an Arjent (sp)?

      Yeah it's the Federal Signal Arjent. Or the smashed Vista as I like to call it ;)
    • twins081700
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 1, 2009
        Good...that is what I thought. Ironically the Lindberg kit that started this thread is supposed to come with one so will wait and see how detailed it is. Thanks James.

        Jody

        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 1, 2009
          --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, twins081700 <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Good...that is what I thought. Ironically the Lindberg kit that started this thread is supposed to come with one so will wait and see how detailed it is. Thanks James.
          >
          > Jody

          Steering this back onto topic, I am looking forward to this kit as I would like to model the east coast Charger-rama (including the new silver NCHP ones) ;) If someone would make updated Ohio Highway Patrol decals I'd like to do one of theirs as well. I suppose if I wanted it bad enough I could make the stripes myself out of solid color sheeting.

          -- James
        • Gary Pierce
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 1, 2009
            I stand corrected....thanks for the info....good thing I have a model kit of both a magnum and a charger on the to do shelf....Gary

            Now Blogging at http://garysgrumblings.blogspot.com
            View my Photos at   http://community.webshots.com/user/n9lge%c2%a0
            Amateur Radio is fun..Talk it up..visit  www.sewfars.com

            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 2, 2009
              The Testors kit is die cast.  They did say they were going to release a plastic version, but it's not out, yet.  I agree that the small changes needed to make the police package should not have taken this long.

              Modeling is Meditation

              Phil

              In a message dated 3/31/2009 8:20:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
              --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, Brandon VanNess <explorer2770@...> wrote:

              > The Lindberg Dodge Charger police car has NOT been released.  The kit is nearing completion and should be available soon, but no definite date has been given by the company.
              > Monogram (Revell) does not make a Dodge Charger police car.
              > Round 2/AMT will be releasing the SHERIFF ROSCO'S DODGE MONACO POLICE CAR in November.
              > Regards,
              > Brandon V.

              This kit is one of the most delayed issues that I can remember in the 20+ years I've built models.  It was originally coming out through Testors in 2006 right after the released the civilian versions.  Those kits came out 8 months late, but they eventually showed up.  Now it's 2 years later and we still don't have the police version.  I know test versions were shown in the fall but all this kit needed was a column shifter, different wheels and the police gear.  I can't believe those small detail parts delayed it all this time.  Now it's shifted over to Lindberg.  I will believe it when I can actually have one on my workbench otherwise I refuse to be tugged along with the broken promises anymore.

              -- James

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:scalecentral-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:scalecentral-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or less.
            • Ictpacman1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 2, 2009
                Jody,

                Yes, the Testors die cast version has the column shifter with the radios in the console area.

                Modeling is Meditation

                Phil

                In a message dated 3/31/2009 10:38:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
                James-
                I am not sure we are talking about the same kit...I know Testors was supposed to release a plastic cop version of their civilian release, which was delayed forever and never happened.  But, they did release the diecast version.  We recently moved and my kits are packed away so I can't check it but I believe it had the correct shifter..?).  It has been my understanding that this Lindberg kit was only announced last fall, but I guess I could be wrong.

                Either way, I have a total of 3 Chargers kits, two of which be Police versions and 1 a SRT using the Magnum wheels/tires.  Likewise, I have a Magnum on its way to becoming a Wisconsin SP unit.  The shifter detail should be an easy modification.  That being said, I am very much looking forward to the Lindberg release due to the number of lightbars included in the blank version.  Hopefully they will be detailed.

                Jody

                --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, niteowl7710 <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, Brandon VanNess <explorer2770@> wrote:
                > >

                > > The Lindberg Dodge Charger police car has NOT been released.  The kit is nearing completion and should be available soon, but no definite date has been given by the company.
                > > Monogram (Revell) does not make a Dodge Charger police car.
                > > Round 2/AMT will be releasing the SHERIFF ROSCO'S DODGE MONACO POLICE CAR in November.
                > > Regards,
                > > Brandon V.
                >
                > This kit is one of the most delayed issues that I can remember in the 20+ years I've built models.  It was originally coming out through Testors in 2006 right after the released the civilian versions.  Those kits came out 8 months late, but they eventually showed up.  Now it's 2 years later and we still don't have the police version.  I know test versions were shown in the fall but all this kit needed was a column shifter, different wheels and the police gear.  I can't believe those small detail parts delayed it all this time.  Now it's shifted over to Lindberg.  I will believe it when I can actually have one on my workbench otherwise I refuse to be tugged along with the broken promises anymore.
                >
                > -- James

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:scalecentral-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:scalecentral-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or less.
              • Steve Goldman
                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 2, 2009
                  The Testors plastic version was canceled last year, that why why Lindberg is doing there's.  It's no different then AMT canceling a kit, then Revell picking up the ball.
                  The both would have to start over.

                  Lindberg is tooling up over 75 new parts for this kit. At least 1/3 are for the eight Lightbars, if you add up all the individual parts added to a modern day Police Car it's hardly a small change.   Then there's licensing from Chrysler and permissions for the Police graphics, new box art, instructions, etc.  There's a lot more to it then most people realize. Typically it takes a year to do it all.

                  -Steve
                  Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 5:16 PM
                  Subject: Re: [Scale Central] Re: New style

                      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/scalecentr al/join

                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 2, 2009
                    I wonder which kit that is because the testors kit I have is the #5315 ultra detail plastic 2006 charger r/t and the magnum I have is the one from Revell a 2006 magnum srt8...they arent police versions but they are plastic....Still waiting for the Lindberg ones ....I plan on getting a few of the unmarked(no Decals) which will leave me many options....Gary

                    Message 9 of 26 , Apr 2, 2009
                      Gary-
                      Before the cop diecast version of the Charger was released, I had planned to modify the shifter and make one of the Chargers (I purchased two kits) a police unit. The small slits in the wheels can easily be filled to represent the alloys that are optional on the cop version. At about the same time, I purchased two Magnum kits, one of which is/was designated to be a police unit. I will swap over the SRT wheels/tires to one of the Charger kits and then be ready for a cop Magnum. Then, when the Cop diecast kit was released with the black steel wheels, that opened up a bunch more options.

                      Now, wouldn't it be nice if someone graced us with a current model Impala?

                      Jody

                      Message 10 of 26 , Apr 4, 2009
                        Brandon Van Ness makes the updated Ohio decals.

                        Modeling is Meditation

                        Phil