Diamond plate

  • Justin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
      Has anyone done the new ALF kit yet? I have started it great kit but
      I 'am wondering which is the best way to handle painting the Diamond
      plate thats is molded into the body panels. Or is bare mental foiling
      going to be better. Any ideas??

      Thanks Justin
    • Ictpacman1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
        Justin,

        All I have done with my new ALF is open the box and look at the parts.....LOL.  On other stuff, I have used silver or aluminum paint and brush painted the diamond plate.  I have also used BMF on it.  It just depends on how shiny you want your plate to be.

        Modeling is Meditation

        Phil

        In a message dated 11/1/2008 8:50:58 P.M. Central Standard Time, trailking120@... writes:
        Has anyone done the new ALF kit yet?  I have started it great kit but
        I 'am wondering which is the best way to handle painting the Diamond
        plate thats is molded into the body panels.  Or is bare mental foiling
        going to be better.  Any ideas??

        Thanks Justin

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:scalecentral-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:scalecentral-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Justin
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
          Thanks Phil,
          BMF is what everyone I have asked said to do. It an awsome kit. I
          thought that Trumpter was going to follow the ALF engine up with a
          Truck co.?

          In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, Ictpacman1@... wrote:

          > Justin,
          >
          > All I have done with my new ALF is open the box and look at the
          > parts.....LOL. On other stuff, I have used silver or aluminum
          paint and brush painted
          > the diamond plate. I have also used BMF on it. It just depends
          on how shiny
          > you want your plate to be.
          >
          > Modeling is Meditation
          >
          > Phil
          >

          > In a message dated 11/1/2008 8:50:58 P.M. Central Standard Time,
          > trailking120@... writes:
          >
          > Has anyone done the new ALF kit yet? I have started it great kit
          but
          > I 'am wondering which is the best way to handle painting the
          Diamond
          > plate thats is molded into the body panels. Or is bare mental
          foiling
          > going to be better. Any ideas??
          >
          > Thanks Justin

          > **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out
          Today's Hot
          redir=http://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001)

        • Ictpacman1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
            They are probably waiting to see how the sales of the engine go.

            Modeling is Meditation

            Phil