Re: [Scale Central] American LaFrance Eagle Fire Pumper ( Trumpeter )

  • chris mooney
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2007
      Go to www.scalefirehouse.com and see the group build
      trumiter ALF there are great progress pics and also in
      the completed model section some finished ALF eagles
      with shoelace hose.

      --- ifd29buff@... wrote:

      > I'm going to use various widths of elastic to load
      > mine when I get it done.
      > You can glue the "folds" of "hose" together with
      > rubber cement. Elastic can
      > also be stained similar to shoe laces. There is
      > another sewing item that can
      > be used to simulate hose, and I have a bunch of it
      > to use too, but I can't
      > recall exactly what it's called right now.

      CHRIS-MOONEY...mobileemt@...
      "Remember that if the Pt dies it is not your falt and you being there gave them
      a greater chance of life." Lee V.

      Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
      in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
    • Greg Lampkin
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2007
        The other product is called "Bias Tape" there is an article in the "files" section of scale central on using it.

        CHRIS-MOONEY. ..mobileemt@ yahoo.com
        "Remember that if the Pt dies it is not your falt and you being there gave them
        a greater chance of life." Lee V.

        Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
        in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...

      • ifd29buff@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 1, 2007
          Yeah, that's it bias tape. I lucked out when I was looking around for and buying detail items for the ALF I'm going to start later this Spring. There was a fabric store that was moving to a new location, and as such, they were trying to get rid of what all they could at drastically reduced prices. I grabbed up all the packages of bias tape they had, as well as several packs of 1/4 inch wide elastic. Got it all for next to nothing.
        • Will Schowengerdt
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 2, 2007

            Who ever was building that ford l8000 aeromax rescue might wanna look at this

             http://firetrucksplus.com/product.asp?pid=418

          • Jason Syska
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 3, 2007
              Will,
              The link to the website didn't work. I even tried to
              type it manually and still couldn't find it.
              FYI....the truck is almost done. I'm not to happy with
              the cabinet hinges, I used telephone cable wire from
              inside an old line I had, but I'm not sure I like it.
              The decals are done, and all of the interior parts are
              complete. Just a little sprucing here and there to
              complete her.

              --- Will Schowengerdt <truckboy@...> wrote:

              > Who ever was building that ford l8000 aeromax rescue
              > might wanna look at
              > this
              >

              > http://firetrucksplus.com/product.asp?pid=418

              TV dinner still cooling?
              http://tv.yahoo.com/
            • Will Schowengerdt
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 3, 2007

                Well it was the same truck you were building  for sale

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 3, 2007
                  Sorry Will, I did find the link. It was mistyped in
                  the email I've put the correct link below.
                  Believe it or not that is the actual truck that I'm
                  modeling. My department is selling it to replace with
                  a heavy rescue-pumper due in April. I'm also doing our
                  Spartan/Ferrara Pumper and ALF squirt that are long
                  gone. Once I get them done then I guess I'll start on
                  the new truck. Haven't scratched an entire rig yet so
                  it should be fun.
                  If I'm not mistaken I even took the picture as one of
                  my reference pictures.

                  http://firetrucksplus.com/product.asp?pid=418

                  Want to start your own business?
                  Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                  http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                • Jason Syska
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 3, 2007
                    The aforementioned engine/pumper is also on that site.
                    We selling off most of our fleet few newer rigs. The
                    rescue pumper in April, and another coming in later in
                    the year to replace the actual engine. I think we're
                    looking at a 75' squirt, and a utility body squad too,
                    but I'm not sure. I guess I need to get working on the
                    models before these ones are gone so I'll have them
                    there for reference. I have the rear done in 1/24,
                    working on the cab now. I'll post some photo's soon.
                    I got lucky on the 67 ALF squirt. Our sister station
                    bought it and I get to see it everyday.
                    Here's the link to that truck.

                    http://www.firetrucksplus.com/product.asp?pid=416

                    Never miss an email again!
                  • Ictpacman1@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 4, 2007
                      Cool site.  Thanks for the link.

                      Modeling is Meditation

                      Phil

                      In a message dated 2/2/2007 7:19:59 PM Central Standard Time, truckboy@... writes:

                      Who ever was building that ford l8000 aeromax rescue might wanna look at this

                       http://firetrucksplus.com/product.asp?pid=418

                    • Mark Cook

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 10, 2007
                          you can pull the guts out of miltary 550 cord, heat the ends and it maks a great hose load. you can also use heat srink ove your drafting hose to give it that rubber look, to mak cupling take a small bolt some brass tubing and a nut to fit the bolt. drill a hole in the center of the bolt, run the nut all the way up on the bolt, cut off the excess bolt round the soulders off . slid the brass over the nut in the 550 cord and glue same with the bolt.