Fwd: [Chuck's Place] Car show & Model contest

  • Ictpacman1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006
      In a message dated 7/2/06 10:32:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time, Ictpacman1@... writes:
      Saturday July 8, 2006, Automobilia will hold a car show and model contest in Wichita, Kansas.  This is a large car show, covering eight city blocks East and West and two city blocks North and South.  The model contest is a small one, usually with less than 75 models entered.  This year, the cost to enter has gone up from $2.00 per model to $4.00 per model, because the turn out was low and they lost money on the model contest.

      The contest/car show is held at 1st Street and Emporia.  Entry times are 1:00 pm to 4:00pm.  Judging is 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.  Public viewing is 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.  Awards at 8:00pm.

      There are 10 classes and 1st and 2nd place trophies will be awarded, along with one People's Choice trophy.  Here's the classes.

      Junior--15 years and younger
      Out of Box
      Replica Stock
      Street Rod--1948 and older
      Street Machine--1949 and newer including imports
      Modified Diecast
      Custom
      Competition
      Truck
      Miscellaneous

      If you live close enough to Wichita, Kansas, and can make it, please come to the show.  If model entries get any lower, they may stop having this contest.  We don't have many contests in this area, and I'd hate to see this one go away, so please try and attend.

      Modeling is Meditation

      Phil