New "Tutorials" posted

  • Brandon VanNess
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      For all that build 1/24 to 1/25 scale modelers, Larry Lorance has kindly posted two new tutorials to www.fireengines.net, which are located at the bottom of the main page.  I have written these articles to help you make your emergency scale vehicles better.

      The first tutorial is on making utility bodies and the second is on backboards.  Both of these require Acrobat reader, but you can download them onto your computer for long term storage.  Scale plans and a shopping list are included in both tutorials.

      I hope to find time in the future to make more tutorials, but these will have to do for now.  Please feel free to email comments to me

      Brandon V.
    • Gary
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006

        Brandon,

        Thanks for posting these articles.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2006
          Thank you, the tutorials are very well done. I have two of the
          duallies waiting to be used, but was wondering where to find a short
          cab (in 1/24) since that's the one most often seen with the amby body.
        • Gary
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2006

            Bob,

            Here is an Ambulance cab I am working on based on the Monogram F-350 dually. It is an easy conversion and most ambulance and fire departments use base cabs so most of the trim is deleted. This makes the conversion even easier

            Contact me by email and I will give you the details and drawings.

            Gary

            Thank you, the tutorials are very well done.  I have two of the
            duallies waiting to be used, but was wondering where to find a short
            cab (in 1/24) since that's the one most often seen with the amby body.

          • bob

              Thank you, the tutorials are very well done.  I have two of the
              duallies waiting to be used, but was wondering where to find a short
              cab (in 1/24) since that's the one most often seen with the amby body.

            • RUSTY WRIGHT

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 6, 2006
                  As far as I know all ambulances in the US since the mid 80's are
                  diesel, there were some problems with gasoline powered ambulances,
                  fires or CO poisoning in the back I don't recall which. Anyway I
                  haven't seen a gasoline powered ambulance made after 85 or so, there
                  are still some on the road but I don't think any manufacturers build
                  new ones without a diesel engine.

                  --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, RUSTY WRIGHT <rrsty85@...>
                  wrote:

                  > The F-350s here the city owns run on diesel. The city has 4 they
                  normally use and 2 for backup. One of the newer ones is a larger F-
                  350 ambulance body. It sure makes the others look small.

                  > Rusty
                  >
                  > bob <hct728@...> wrote:
                  > Thanks for the offer, I can see that you have done a nice job
                  of shortening the cab and removing the body side molding. I expect
                  the chassis and interior tub must also be shortened. Do these
                  ambulances usually have a diesel engine? I know that many E250's
                  here do, but they're probably modified V8's like you get in the
                  kit. I guess that conversion would be a project in itself, although
                  the Ford Shorthauler kit has a similar diesel...so many questions!
                  Anyhow, if you have any more info on the conversion, let me know. I
                  have a Code3 Pittsburgh Paramedic Rescue unit that I want to "up-
                  size."
                  > Bob
                  >
                  > Gary <magdecals@...> wrote:
                  > v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url
                  (#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
                  {behavior:url(#default#VML);} st1\:*{behavior:url
                  (#default#ieooui) } Bob,

                  > Here is an Ambulance cab I am working on based on the Monogram F-
                  350 dually. It is an easy conversion and most ambulance and fire
                  departments use base cabs so most of the trim is deleted. This makes
                  the conversion even easier

                  > Contact me by email and I will give you the details and drawings.
                  >
                  > Gary

                  Service.