Volvo 670 wrecker is finally done

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005

      Hey everyone I finally finished and got some out door pictures of the Volvo 670 wrecker Both kits are from Revell of Germany The chassis of the Volvo had to be extended actually 2 times I screwed it up the first time. On the wrecker body I added sheet plastic along the bottom to make it match up to the side skirts. I also added the bottom cabinet door. The Underlift is from KFS The decals are custom made on my alps printer. The paint is a Duplicolor orange mist. Make sure to check the link theres a good 40 pics of all the details of the truck  http://www.modeltruckmafia.com/volvowrecker.htm

    • cruncher72us@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
        It looks great Adam,

        Which wrecker kit is it?

        I have the wrecker body of the Italieri "US wrecking truck" kit I was planning to pair up with some after market cab to make a current unit. Just another project in the works...............

        Adam <gorusty2@...> wrote:

        Hey everyone I finally finished and got some out door pictures of the Volvo 670 wrecker Both kits are from Revell of Germany The chassis of the Volvo had to be extended actually 2 times I screwed it up the first time. On the wrecker body I added sheet plastic along the bottom to make it match up to the side skirts. I also added the bottom cabinet door. The Underlift is from KFS The decals are custom made on my alps printer. The paint is a Duplicolor orange mist. Make sure to check the link theres a good 40 pics of all the details of the truck  http://www.modeltruckmafia.com/volvowrecker.htm

        Regards CRUNCHER
        Owner Trailer Traders - New and used utility trailers, sales and service.
        I do Ebay sales - want something bought or sold?
        No job too small.
        Nextel me for free: 161*131191*18

        Yahoo! for Good
      • Adam
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005

          Thanks that’s the wrecker body from the Kenworth

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
            very nice adam, you say you printed the decals? how do you print white decals?

            kevin

            Adam <gorusty2@...> wrote:

            Hey everyone I finally finished and got some out door pictures of the Volvo 670 wrecker Both kits are from Revell of Germany The chassis of the Volvo had to be extended actually 2 times I screwed it up the first time. On the wrecker body I added sheet plastic along the bottom to make it match up to the side skirts. I also added the bottom cabinet door. The Underlift is from KFS The decals are custom made on my alps printer. The paint is a Duplicolor orange mist. Make sure to check the link theres a good 40 pics of all the details of the truck  http://www.modeltruckmafia.com/volvowrecker.htm

          • C. Mitchell
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005

              Alps printers print white.  They are no longer made, but can be found periodically on eBay and other places.

              Charles Mitchell

              Adam <gorusty2@...> wrote:

              Hey everyone I finally finished and got some out door pictures of the Volvo 670 wrecker Both kits are from Revell of Germany The chassis of the Volvo had to be extended actually 2 times I screwed it up the first time. On the wrecker body I added sheet plastic along the bottom to make it match up to the side skirts. I also added the bottom cabinet door. The Underlift is from KFS The decals are custom made on my alps printer. The paint is a Duplicolor orange mist. Make sure to check the link theres a good 40 pics of all the details of the truck  http://www.modeltruckmafia.com/volvowrecker.htm

            • Mike Johansen
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
                Adam, the truck looks FANTASTIC!!!! That VN 670 kit really captures the look of the real thing. We have about of dozen of them where I work with more on the way. Great conversion job!!!

                Adam <gorusty2@...> wrote:

                Hey everyone I finally finished and got some out door pictures of the Volvo 670 wrecker Both kits are from Revell of Germany The chassis of the Volvo had to be extended actually 2 times I screwed it up the first time. On the wrecker body I added sheet plastic along the bottom to make it match up to the side skirts. I also added the bottom cabinet door. The Underlift is from KFS The decals are custom made on my alps printer. The paint is a Duplicolor orange mist. Make sure to check the link theres a good 40 pics of all the details of the truck  http://www.modeltruckmafia.com/volvowrecker.htm

                Mike
                Ingersoll ON

                "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men, the Shadow knows!!! He He He"

                Yahoo! for Good