What photo etch detail items would you like to see available?

  • mattguilfoyle2002
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Folks,
      I was talking to one of the major model car aftermarket people
      yesterday and told him of my being "afflicted" with the professional
      car, police car, and fire apparatus disease. =8^) He was interested
      in finding out what type of p/e detail parts modelers would want to
      see made available. I told him I'd put the question to you folks,
      the ones that drive the hobby.

      So, what do you want? What's missing from the kits and resin you buy
      that would make you happy? I'm interested in any and all opinions,
      but please, keep in mind these items should be viable products to
      this area of interest. Something extremely esoteric, while
      fascinating, probably is a non-starter.

      Personally, I'd love to see p/e ambulance and hearse window
      nameplates. Perhaps scripts and emblems for Flxible, MM, Superior
      and others?

      What about vintage and current radio faces?

      Now, the kicker. If he decides to offer some of these items, we will
      need to have the best reference and documentation available to create
      the best product possible. So, I'll be asking for help with that.

      Thanks for your time and let's see what we can come up with.

      Take care,
      Matt Guilfoyle
    • firemodelbuilder
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
        Thats interesting topic. I was just pondering on photo etching the
        other day. I have a few etched logos that I want to find out how to
        reproduce the logos by photo etching them.

        Ken
      • Greg
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
          I will think about some options, but here are a couple that popped in
          my head.....About all manufacturer logos would be good, Seagrave
          American Lafrance, Eone, ETC...., Vents and grills, spanner wrenches.
        • jdeitrick2002
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
            Great idea. Photo etched grilles and nameplates would be really good.
            Also pump panels, both side mount and top mount.

            E-mail me off board to discuss what information would be needed for
            making parts.

            James
          • mattguilfoyle2002
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
              You have some great suggestions there Greg, keep 'em coming!

              What about the (I know I sound like a total Goober here as I don't
              know the specific terminlogy) the pump control area on a fire truck?
              Aren't those sometimes "faceted" to dress them up?

              Matt

              --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <glampking@y...> wrote:
              > I will think about some options, but here are a couple that popped
              in
              > my head.....About all manufacturer logos would be good, Seagrave
              > American Lafrance, Eone, ETC...., Vents and grills, spanner
              wrenches.
            • C. Mitchell
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
                I would like to see the mounting pads for 1:24th/1:25th scale spot mirrors

                I would like to see the mounting pads for 1:24th/1:25th scale spot mirrors.  Clint Freeman already offers some excellent spot mirrors 1:24th/1:25th Scale Spot Mirrors but the pads are difficult to fabricate.  The brackets could be made from K&S tubing.

                Charles Mitchell

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1, 2004
                  Do you have any photos? I'm think I know what you're talking about,
                  I'm not entirely sure.

                  Matt

                  --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, "C. Mitchell" <chuckyr@e...>
                  wrote:
                  > I would like to see the mounting pads for 1:24th/1:25th scale spot
                  mirrors.
                  > Clint Freeman already offers some excellent spot mirrors
                  1:24th/1:25th Scale
                  > Spot Mirrors <http://members.aol.com/modltrkbldr3/private/SM-
                  1_2.jpg> but
                  > the pads are difficult to fabricate. The brackets could be made
                  from K&S
                  > tubing.
                  >

                  > Charles Mitchell

                  subject=Unsubscribe>

                  of
                • plasticcar_2000
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 3, 2004
                    Yes Mark I too would like to see the p/e logos for the ambulance and
                    the hearse as I just starting to cast a few new hearses and sould
                    have them ready to sell soon. I showed the proto type of the 1995
                    Cadillac hearse at NNL East show and received alot of interest. The
                    hearse is a S$S Victioria. Tim
                    --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, "mattguilfoyle2002"
                    <donnamatt@s...> wrote:
                    > Hi Folks,
                    > I was talking to one of the major model car aftermarket people
                    > yesterday and told him of my being "afflicted" with the
                    professional
                    > car, police car, and fire apparatus disease. =8^) He was
                    interested
                    > in finding out what type of p/e detail parts modelers would want to
                    > see made available. I told him I'd put the question to you folks,
                    > the ones that drive the hobby.
                    >
                    > So, what do you want? What's missing from the kits and resin you
                    buy
                    > that would make you happy? I'm interested in any and all opinions,
                    > but please, keep in mind these items should be viable products to
                    > this area of interest. Something extremely esoteric, while
                    > fascinating, probably is a non-starter.
                    >
                    > Personally, I'd love to see p/e ambulance and hearse window
                    > nameplates. Perhaps scripts and emblems for Flxible, MM, Superior
                    > and others?
                    >
                    > What about vintage and current radio faces?
                    >
                    > Now, the kicker. If he decides to offer some of these items, we
                    will
                    > need to have the best reference and documentation available to
                    create
                    > the best product possible. So, I'll be asking for help with that.
                    >
                    > Thanks for your time and let's see what we can come up with.
                    >
                    > Take care,
                    > Matt Guilfoyle
                  • Sean Duffy
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 4, 2004
                      Here goes

                      1) Resin Body for the Revell Caprice Kits that converts the car to a
                      93-96 (I am attempting to convert an existing kit - very painstaking)

                      2) Steel wheels that fit the existing Caprice Kits (I have an old set
                      of resin ones that had to be heavily modified to fit a the Revell Kit and worse They still did no fit right

                      3) Chromed Dog Dish Hub caps to fit the above mentioned wheels

                      4) Round and Square rear deck lights for police cars

                      5) Computer terminals for cars. When I watch cops I notice that many of the police forces seen have either laptops or keyboards and small flat screens in the cars.

                      6) Push bars for police cars. I have yet to see an appropriate kit based
                      push bar like I see on the police cars in my area. The only time I have seen a push bar like supplied in the Lindburg CV's was used on a
                      Metro Toronto Ford Taurus Clean roof police car

                      Sean

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 4, 2004

                        5) Computer terminals for cars. When I watch cops I notice that many of the police forces seen have either laptops or keyboards and small flat screens in the cars.

                        http://www.seltd.net/25132cp.html

                        Charles Mitchell

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 4, 2004
                          Tim,

                          I'd love to see photos of your hearse projects. I purchased two
                          ambulances from Jimmy Flintstone at NNL East, a '59 Pontiac kit
                          and '59 Cadillac transkit for the Polar Lights Ghostbusters car.

                          I guess I missed your hearse at the show. I was working a vendor's
                          table and didn't get a chance to see everything I wanted to.

                          If you have any photos, could you send them to me at:
                          donnamatt@... ? Since I'm on webmode, I don't get to
                          view photos posted in messages and I have not been able to access
                          the photo section recently. It seems like others have had that
                          problem too.

                          As I stated in my initial post, if I can convince the aftermarket
                          company the project is viable, I'll need all the help I can get
                          documenting items to be produced as photo etch.

                          Thanks,
                          Matt

                          --- In scalecentral@yahoogroups.com, plasticcar_2000 <no_reply@y...>

                        • RMWIFD29BUFF@WEBTV.NET
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 5, 2004
                            Sean, checkthe links section. There are a couple of the resin guys here
                            (Rob {10-8 hobbies} for one) has some of the push bumpers and computers
                            I believe