16045Re: [Scale Central] Peterbilt pumper [4 Attachments]

  • Gary Pierce
    Apr 17, 2014
      Very Nice....Well done....Gary

      Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal Constant
      Amateur Radio is fun..Talk it up..visit  www.sewfars.com">
      The last four letters in American are " I Can "
      On Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:39 AM, Brandon VanNess <explorer2770@...> wrote:
      [Attachment(s) from Brandon VanNess included below]

      This started life as a Revell Snap-tite Peterbilt 359 kit.  The sleeper and second drive axle were removed to give it the look of a 289.  I also modified the dashboard with parts from the Trumpeter ALF kit dash and added a pedestal for the automatic transmission.  The pumper body from the Trumpeter American LaFrance kit was modified to represent a 1000 gallon tank body with a full height compartment in the back.  The pump panel was completely scratch built, all of the pulls and levers move, and features AMT ALF discharge and steamer covers.  The extended front bumper has air horns installed in the bottom and a small discharge line with 50 ft of rolled hose.  The hydrant assist valve on the tailboard was scratch built, as was the nozzle on the crosslay.  Hose is a combination of 1/8” sewing elastic painted with Sharpie markers, ¼” sewing elastic painted with yellow acrylic paints, and ¾” yellow electrical tape folded over a strip of blue ribbon.  The hose bed cover was made from lint roller paper, painted with Testor’s acrylic by brush.  The light bar is the MX7000 from the Lindberg Dodge Charger kit painted with red Sharpie marker.  The pumper is decaled as Engine 3 for my fictional fire department and utilizes custom made dry transfer decals for the gold lettering (DecalProfx system) and laser printed waterslide decals for the Emergency Dial 911 logo on the rear doors, all made by me.

      I just finished this project last week after starting the project five years ago.

      More photos of the build are in the album below:

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic