Medieval studies book sale

  • Jehan Yves de Chateau Thiery
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
      I saw this on another list and thought many here might be interested.
      (widely cross-posted).

      You can be among the first to take advantage of special prices on
      books we have on offer by accessing flyers from our current
      marketing campaigns. To do so, take a look at our homepage and
      click on "Current Leaflets". Then browse away to your heart's
      delight. Each leaflet has an order form at the end and by quoting
      the reference number on that order form, we will be alerted to
      give you the prices listed on the leaflet.

      For now, here's a quick link to our new huge sale catalog of
      books on Medieval Studies:

      http://www.oxbowbooks.com/pdfs/leaflets/MedievalB1.pdf

      This catalog has only just mailed (and may be arriving with you,
      even as I type)!

      Enjoy the offers. We're standing by to receive your orders!

      With regards,

      Ian Stevens
      The David Brown Book Company
      Tel: 1-800-791-9354
    • Phil
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2008
        I've ordered from them before. Their selection is great but their
        shipping is molasses-in-January. Some of their stuff listed as "in
        stock" must be "in stock" in the parent company in England and must
        wait for the banana boat to get shipped out.
        Matheus de Pragelato

        --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, Jehan Yves de Chateau Thiery
        <jehan.yves@...> wrote:

        > I saw this on another list and thought many here might be interested.
        > (widely cross-posted).
        >
        > You can be among the first to take advantage of special prices on
        > books we have on offer by accessing flyers from our current
        > marketing campaigns. To do so, take a look at our homepage and
        > click on "Current Leaflets". Then browse away to your heart's
        > delight. Each leaflet has an order form at the end and by quoting
        > the reference number on that order form, we will be alerted to
        > give you the prices listed on the leaflet.
        >
        > For now, here's a quick link to our new huge sale catalog of
        > books on Medieval Studies:
        >
        > http://www.oxbowbooks.com/pdfs/leaflets/MedievalB1.pdf
        >
        > This catalog has only just mailed (and may be arriving with you,
        > even as I type)!
        >
        > Enjoy the offers. We're standing by to receive your orders!
        >
        > With regards,
        >
        > Ian Stevens
        > The David Brown Book Company
        > Tel: 1-800-791-9354

      • Sewmantoo
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 9, 2008
          ?????? I have had no problem when ever I have ordered from David
          Brown Books. They are located here in Connecticut, in the Barony
          Beyond the Mountain. Orders are out with in a few days, with shipping
          the same, I get most items 10-14 days. What they have as "in stock"
          is "in stock" their warehouse, same location. When I have talked to
          them, they have always been helpful. In fact I recieved the catalog
          same day this hit the list.

          Labhruinn

          --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <EnabrinTain@...> wrote:

          > I've ordered from them before. Their selection is great but their
          > shipping is molasses-in-January. Some of their stuff listed as "in
          > stock" must be "in stock" in the parent company in England and must
          > wait for the banana boat to get shipped out.
          > Matheus de Pragelato
          >
          > --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, Jehan Yves de Chateau Thiery
          > <jehan.yves@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I saw this on another list and thought many here might be
          interested.
          > > (widely cross-posted).
          > >
          > > You can be among the first to take advantage of special prices on
          > > books we have on offer by accessing flyers from our current
          > > marketing campaigns. To do so, take a look at our homepage and
          > > click on "Current Leaflets". Then browse away to your heart's
          > > delight. Each leaflet has an order form at the end and by quoting
          > > the reference number on that order form, we will be alerted to
          > > give you the prices listed on the leaflet.
          > >
          > > For now, here's a quick link to our new huge sale catalog of
          > > books on Medieval Studies:
          > >
          > > http://www.oxbowbooks.com/pdfs/leaflets/MedievalB1.pdf
          > >
          > > This catalog has only just mailed (and may be arriving with you,
          > > even as I type)!
          > >
          > > Enjoy the offers. We're standing by to receive your orders!
          > >
          > > With regards,
          > >
          > > Ian Stevens
          > > The David Brown Book Company
          > > Tel: 1-800-791-9354

        • Phil
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12, 2008
            Maybe my experience was a fluke... I'd be willing to order from them
            again but only if I couldn't get it from Amazon (which in our hobby is
            all too frequently).
            ;-)
            Matheus de Pragelato

            --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, "Sewmantoo" <sewmantoo@...> wrote:

            > ?????? I have had no problem when ever I have ordered from David
            > Brown Books. They are located here in Connecticut, in the Barony
            > Beyond the Mountain. Orders are out with in a few days, with shipping
            > the same, I get most items 10-14 days. What they have as "in stock"
            > is "in stock" their warehouse, same location. When I have talked to
            > them, they have always been helpful. In fact I recieved the catalog
            > same day this hit the list.
            >
            > Labhruinn
            >

            > --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <EnabrinTain@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've ordered from them before. Their selection is great but their
            > > shipping is molasses-in-January. Some of their stuff listed as "in
            > > stock" must be "in stock" in the parent company in England and must
            > > wait for the banana boat to get shipped out.
            > > Matheus de Pragelato
            > >
            > > --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, Jehan Yves de Chateau Thiery
            > > <jehan.yves@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I saw this on another list and thought many here might be
            > interested.
            > > > (widely cross-posted).
            > > >
            > > > You can be among the first to take advantage of special prices on
            > > > books we have on offer by accessing flyers from our current
            > > > marketing campaigns. To do so, take a look at our homepage and
            > > > click on "Current Leaflets". Then browse away to your heart's
            > > > delight. Each leaflet has an order form at the end and by quoting
            > > > the reference number on that order form, we will be alerted to
            > > > give you the prices listed on the leaflet.
            > > >
            > > > For now, here's a quick link to our new huge sale catalog of
            > > > books on Medieval Studies:
            > > >
            > > > http://www.oxbowbooks.com/pdfs/leaflets/MedievalB1.pdf
            > > >
            > > > This catalog has only just mailed (and may be arriving with you,
            > > > even as I type)!
            > > >
            > > > Enjoy the offers. We're standing by to receive your orders!
            > > >
            > > > With regards,
            > > >
            > > > Ian Stevens
            > > > The David Brown Book Company
            > > > Tel: 1-800-791-9354

          • andriet17
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 14, 2008
              --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, Jehan Yves de Chateau Thiery
              <jehan.yves@...> wrote:

              Thanks!! As soon as I get some money, I plan on ordering a few of
              these.
              Andriet