Period Herbal Uses

  • Kip
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
      Good even,
      Is there any one that knows of a book that would place herbs found
      in the Known World, and list what their reported uses were? I am
      also looking to find out what herbs were for the most part unknown
      and thus unavailable for trade or sale in the Saxony or Irish areas.

      YIS
      m'Lord Senach Fedelmid
      Kingdom of Atenveldt, Barrony of Tir Ysgithr
      Household Howling Thunder
    • Peggy Converse
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        Good Evening-

        I have a print off here from a VERY old book that not only tells you WHAT the name of the herb was then.. it also tells you what that same herb is called now.. in additon to where it grew  and it what part of the glode.. Is this kind of what your looking for?
        Peggy

        Kip <tucsonkid67@...> wrote:
        Good even,
        Is there any one that knows of a book that would place herbs found
        in the Known World, and list what their reported uses were? I am
        also looking to find out what herbs were for the most part unknown
        and thus unavailable for trade or sale in the Saxony or Irish areas.

        YIS
        m'Lord Senach Fedelmid
        Kingdom of Atenveldt, Barrony of Tir Ysgithr
        Household Howling Thunder

        "......May the guardian of the night sky make your sand as soft as
        feathers, and your pillow as fragrant as the bosom of the one you love...."

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Kip
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
          That sounds exactly like what I am looking for. How may I obtain
          a copy of the information?

          Kip

          --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, Peggy Converse <pac_1116@y...>
          wrote:
          > Good Evening-
          >
          > I have a print off here from a VERY old book that not only tells
          you WHAT the name of the herb was then.. it also tells you what that
          same herb is called now.. in additon to where it grew and it what
          part of the glode.. Is this kind of what your looking for?

          > Peggy
          >
          > Kip <tucsonkid67@y...> wrote:
          > Good even,
          > Is there any one that knows of a book that would place herbs found
          > in the Known World, and list what their reported uses were? I am
          > also looking to find out what herbs were for the most part unknown
          > and thus unavailable for trade or sale in the Saxony or Irish
          areas.

          > YIS
          > m'Lord Senach Fedelmid
          > Kingdom of Atenveldt, Barrony of Tir Ysgithr
          > Household Howling Thunder

          Service.