Swiss Family Robinson

  • Marcus Antaya
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 11, 2005
      Hey everyone...wierd question.

      I found an old friend on the bookshelf the other day,
      and I picked it up to re-read it for the umpteenth
      time (But not for a very long long time).

      I read in the book about something called portable
      soup. Apparently, it was kind of like a buillion cube,
      but bigger. I'm not even sure it's a dry solid, it
      might be a stiff gelatin.

      Does anyone know what this is? And how I make it? I'm
      interested in trying it out...might be interesting for
      war and camping events.

      Gyric

      Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
      Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy

    • robert frazier
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 11, 2005
        try this site.
        the other recipes are interesting too.

        http://www.walksinshadows.com/PRESERVING_FOODS.html#1
        Marcus Antaya <lordgyric@...> wrote:
        Hey everyone...wierd question.

        I found an old friend on the bookshelf the other day,
        and I picked it up to re-read it for the umpteenth
        time (But not for a very long long time).

        I read in the book about something called portable
        soup. Apparently, it was kind of like a buillion cube,
        but bigger. I'm not even sure it's a dry solid, it
        might be a stiff gelatin.

        Does anyone know what this is? And how I make it? I'm
        interested in trying it out...might be interesting for
        war and camping events.

        Gyric

        Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
        Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy

         Robert Stallarifannskker
        Robert Frazier
        Stallarifannsk household
        Seneschal,Barony of Terra Pomaria