Re: [sca_recipes] A Simple Recipe

  • Gretchen & Steve Hulett
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2005
      What kind of dish are you wanting to start with?  Meat, salad????

      Osanna Beaupel
      1250 England
      aka Gretchen in Wyoming
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2005
        Here is a site with lots of different recipes.  Have fun.

        Osanna Beaupel
        1250 England
        aka Gretchen in Wyoming
      • mike_d_enyeart
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2005
            Well I was thinking maybe a Salad but I think that I'd rather try
            some kind of meat. Although.... perhaps a soup... aww man I'm gonna
            start getting complex lol.

            --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, "Gretchen & Steve Hulett"
            <sghulett@b...> wrote:
            > What kind of dish are you wanting to start with? Meat, salad????
            >
            > Osanna Beaupel
            > 1250 England
            > aka Gretchen in Wyoming

            Service.
          • mike_d_enyeart
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2005
              Thank You.

              <sghulett@b...> wrote:
              > Here is a site with lots of different recipes. Have fun.
              >
              > http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/stewpot/recipe_index.html
              >
              > Osanna Beaupel
              > 1250 England
              > aka Gretchen in Wyoming
            • Marcus Antaya
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2005
                The way I'd start is to try something that you know,
                and expand on that.

                My first feast was all family recipes that I modified
                slightly to make them appear more period. After that,
                I started researching and trying new things.

                My suggestion would be a pork roast, with the roasted
                vidallia onion salad that you can find in Stephan's
                Florelligium. I've used that both in feasts and
                camping to great effect.

                hmmm....might have to look that up again for
                Pennsic...grin

                Gyric

                Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
                Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Llv Waldrondottir
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 4, 2005
                  Soups are actaully really easy. And feed alot of people. One of my favorites is a chicken and rice stew.

                  Chicken stalk, a cup of cooked rice, cooked chicken pieces, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and pear peices.
                  Simmer and serve.
                  I really cant' give much on portions, since I just add till I have enough for whatever group I'm cooking for. This recipie I'm not sure on the dates, it was given to me by another young lady i knew in the SCA who lives in Virginia. She had all the documentation on it. But it does seem that pears where a popular stew ingrediant. It gives things a slightly sweet fruity flavor that most people mistake as honey.

                  <sghulett@b...> wrote:
                  > What kind of dish are you wanting to start with?  Meat, salad????

                  > Osanna Beaupel
                  > 1250 England
                  > aka Gretchen in Wyoming

                  Service.