Re: [sca_recipes] June's Recipe: Meat - Roman Style

  • Calybrid Ine Tere
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      wait... it constipates the bowels...??? Isnt that bad?

      is this similar to veal kabobs? would it be safe to assume i could
      substitute beef, and still keep it period?? Its all cow, isnt it?

      Calybrid

      On 5/31/05, Esa inghean mhicDubh <maulkin1@...> wrote:
      > Due to the fact that I am unpacking, I can barely find anything
      > anymore – except Platina for some reason. So here it is, translated.
      > (I didn't want to make it THAT difficult.)
      >
      > On Meat, Roman Style
      > Cut veal into pieces not larger than an egg so that no piece is
      > completely cut from another, and sprinkle at once with salt and
      > coriander or ground fennel. When they are sprinkled, press a little
      > between two boards. When a spit has been passed through them, turn
      > them over the fire until they are cooked, with a chunk of lard so they
      > do not touch and do not dry out too much. Turn them over the fire
      > until they are cooked. This is of great and eavy [sic] nourishment,
      > but it is digested slowly and constipates the bowels.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Barbara Lewis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2005
        I would assume that would depend on what state the bowels were in
        previously! :D

        Veal is specifically from a calf and is typically more tender. I
        would say be careful about your cuts of meats. You don't want them to
        be too tough.

        My 2 cents
        Barbara

        --- In sca_recipes@yahoogroups.com, Calybrid Ine Tere <Calybrid@g...>