Re: Punch Problem

  • David T. Helmers
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      I use water-hardening drill rod from McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com)and
      quench in water - I get consistently hard tips so long as I've heated
      the metal hot enough. I use a propane torch. I don't know if you need
      a business ID with McMaster, but I order from them almost daily and
      can get rod for the group if need be.
      Dave