Re: [sca_moneyer] Coining class at GNEW

  • Brian Ferguson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 9:38 AM

      Excellent! It's always great to hear about new moneyers getting started.

      Derian.

      On Aug 2, 2013 8:16 PM, "Jeff" <perronjl@...> wrote:

      At Great North eastern War I taught a class on basic moneying using Vct Chandra Panthi's handouts from pensic with his permission. 15 people turned up including several from Canada and we talked about the process and some of the things I have found in the short time I have been working. I had them all work on cleaning up a die punch some blanks and cut blanks with scissors and then I had every one punch coins with a set of my dies as we were running out of time instead of attempting to create dies for the class.  everyone seemed extremely happy and energetic about the topic and material and I hope several of them will join this group and keep learning on their end.

      Jeffery de Tosney
      Fourth son of a fourth son

    • drumax.tribal
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 5:03 PM
        I would love to be able to strike coins with someone else. Just like
        George Thorogood (the moneyer, not the musician)...I strike alone...:)