Bargain book! At least I thought so..

  • gormanao
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013
      Just like wandering around in the stacks, sometimes you run across an interesting book where you'd least expect it. That happened to me with "A History of Managing for Quality" edited by Joseph Juran. I have to deal with QC issues every day, so the title alone would normally be enough to send me screaming into the night. BUT check out the table of contents( at the end of this post)> There is a good section on minting in the Czech lands, and lots of others on interesting ancient to medieval subjects. Construction, mining, ship-building, land surveying, beer making etc. Looking around on the interwebs most copies are available for less then $10.00US delivered. I was really very pleasantly surprised by how good the book was, and the bargain price for a technical work. Just passing on the information, Andrew

      Ch. 1. Ancient China's History of Managing for Quality /​ China Quality Control Association's Research Group of China's Ancient History of Quality Control
      Ch. 2. Managing for Quality in Ancient Israel /​ Ron Kenett
      Ch. 3. Quality Management in the Construction of Ancient Greek Temples and Theaters /​ Athanassios Frontistis
      Ch. 4. Quality in Early India: Different Levels of Understanding; Different Concerns /​ B. N. Goswamy
      Ch. 5. Quality in Early Scandinavian Shipbuilding /​ Carl A. Kofoed and Grete Kofoed
      Ch. 6. Managing for Quality in Ancient Rome /​ Marco Bigliazzi and Roberto Mirandola
      Ch. 7. History of Quality Assurance in Germany /​ Franz Lerner
      Ch. 8. Development of Quality Control in Mining, Metallurgy, and Coinage in the Czech Lands /​ Jiri Majer
      Ch. 9. The Arsenale of the Venetian Republic /​ Annalisa Conterio and Francesco Da Villa
      Ch. 10. The Story of the Quality of Clocks /​ Cornelis Spaans.
      Ch. 11. Examples of Quality Management in the History of Russia /​ Ludmila A. Konareva
      Ch. 12. Guilds and Cathedral Building /​ Michel Deleforge
      Ch. 13. How the French Arms Industry Mastered Quality /​ Michel Dunaud
      Ch. 14. The History of Managing for Quality in the United Kingdom /​ David Hutchins
      Ch. 15. Quality Management in Nineteenth-Century Czech Beer and Sugar Production /​ Ludmila Curinova and Frantisek Dudek
      Ch. 16. The Recent History of Managing for Quality in Japan /​ Izumi Nonaka
      Ch. 17. The History of Managing for Quality in the United States /​ J. M. Juran
      Ch. 18. Summary, Trends, and Prognosis /​ J. M. Juran.