Re: [sca_moneyer] Spanish Galleon Treasure

  • silveroak@juno.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 3 9:22 PM
      Greetings again,

      > A little know fact is that I worked for Treasure Salvors in 1980 ... when the Spainish Galleons Atocha and Margurita were being actively salvaged. I picked up quite a few gold chains off the bottom.

      Can you share some of your feelings / impressions? I know how I feel when I hold some of the pieces I've been privileged to see (3 different Faberges, some medieval jewelry), but I'm always curious about other's thoughts on the subject.

      >I have very strong feeling about the salvage operation mentioned in this posting. I feel that Oddessy did all the research and work and Spain robbed them. If a case can be made for the original owners having the rights to the treasure (which I don't feel it can), it should go to Peru ... the people Spain enslaved to mine the silver!

      I agree with you entirely, I thought about even sending the URL, but the pics were amazing, so I gritted my teeth and did it...

      (Of course, no one else has to agree with me either...)

      "How Doctors Lose Weight"
      Celebrity Doctor Reveals His #1 Trick to Lose Weight Fast.
    • drumax@tribalsoup.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 29 1:51 PM
        Thanks, I will be using the sandpaper, it seems to be the best way to go.