Re: [SCA_Brew] Price on Honey

  • dpgillam
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1 8:42 AM
      Shipping is "free"; I go to his farm and get it. Its a "wild" honey, as the bees work the farm, and he collects the honey; no attempt to get a specific flower, as far as I know. Local is within an hour drive (Middlebury Indiana)
      We have a summer event coming (date is still tentative) and Im wondering if it would be worth-while to grab some of the gallon jugs (I forget how many pounds that is) and sell them to mead makers that show up.

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 8:48 AM
        a gallon of honey averages about 12 lbs

        Seamus

        --
        Carl Swan

        "Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
      • sorchaprechan
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2 2:28 PM
          Sounds like you should put it out on your kingdom and baronial brewers lists and see if folks would come buy from you. I would, if I were anywhere nearby. Don't torment the rest of us, mmmmkay?

          Oh, if the farmer has time to pay attention, he knows what the bees have been feeding on. They're monocultural - they use up a source before moving on, so you usually have a few days (or longer) to figure it out - but that's assuming you have time to watch where they go.

          Sorcha