Re: [SCA_Brew] Liquid "Sugar In The Raw"

  • bob flaherty
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 6, 2012

      As long as you invert the sugar and
      Use a high tolerant yeast you should be good.
      I like to add  yeast nutient during the boil, and good shot of O2 airation jump.starts the fermentation. I use this meathod
      For making rum and cordials for christmas as the base alcohol has little or no flavor of its own. The darker the sugar the higher chance
      Of flavor you have.. i use plain old white sugar as yeast only cares if its inverted not its source.

      Fair Winds from the Valley of Death
      Moriagh of Firefall

      On Dec 5, 2012 7:50 PM, "Gy. G. R. Dioguardi" <baronbish@...> wrote:

      Is there a way to ferment the liquid product of Sugar in the Raw. I want to know what the end result would turn out to be.

      Ciao,

      + Bish

      ===

    • sorchaprechan
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 6, 2012
        There's a modern arak (not to be confused with arrack or arag) that is anise-flavored, but historically speaking it was just fermented cane or date sugar.

        Sorcha