Homebrew Alley 6

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28 3:46 PM
      The New York City Homebrewers Guild is holding it's sixth annual homebrew competition on Sunday, January 29th at the Brooklyn Brewery.

      Why bring this up here?  Why mention an AHA competition to SCAdians?  I'll tell you!!  Among the many categories of beers/ciders/meads judged is the specialty category (#23) which includes historical beers.  In previous years, there has been only two or three historical beers at each competition which... just doesn't look well. And these historical recipes only go back about two hundred years.

      Bogus, I say!  Bogus!  Or 'radishes' if you watch TMZ...

      Homebrew Alley is, perhaps, the largest homebrew competition in the northeast.  Last year, there were over 450 entries in all, and some incredible gifts to the winners. And, as mentioned earlier, there is also a competition for cider and mead.

      For more information on this competition, visit www.homebrewalley.org

      Oliver de Bainbridge
      (mka:  Phil)