Common Sense

  • donald st. jean
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 32 KB

  • Cranium@san.rr.com
    Message 2 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
      Um,

      emails with attachments that have no documentation or reason tend to strike me as a mail hyjack and malware.

    • CJ M
      Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
        Its a book report.

        I checked it with several anti virus programs using online tools and it came back clean. I opened it and saw no problems, it appears to be from the sender.

        When you see things like this, you can run a file through VirusTotal, Norman, Joebox or many other online tools and they will do automated analysis to see if its malicious using dozens of programs. If its a link you can use www.urlvoid.com to check the address first.

        http://www.norman.com/security_center/security_tools/submit_file/en-us
        http://www.joebox.org/submit.php#form
        http://www.virustotal.com/

        Now the real question is if you want to read a report about Icarus and Common Sense.

        Brynn

        --
        _-=-_   _-=-_   _-=-_
        Brynniulfr "Brynn" Herleifsson
        Message 4 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
          But still, it is spam not related to the list topic. Should we sack the
          sender?

          On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, CJ M wrote:

          > Its a book report.
          >
          > I checked it with several anti virus programs using online tools and it came
          > back clean. I opened it and saw no problems, it appears to be from the
          > sender.
          >
          > When you see things like this, you can run a file through VirusTotal,
          > Norman, Joebox or many other online tools and they will do automated
          > analysis to see if its malicious using dozens of programs. If its a link you
          > can use www.urlvoid.com to check the address first.
          >
          > http://www.norman.com/security_center/security_tools/submit_file/en-us
          > http://www.joebox.org/submit.php#form
          > http://www.virustotal.com/
          >
          > Now the real question is if you want to read a report about Icarus and
          > Common Sense.
          >
          > Brynn
          >

          > --
          > _-=-_   _-=-_   _-=-_
          > Brynniulfr "Brynn" Herleifsson
          > Greyhope Pursuivant
          > m/k/a CJ Miller
          > Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
          > "I will find a way, or make one"

          Damion Terrell . + . . . + . * . + @ + . * . +
          evil242@... * . + * . + . Systems Analyst III * .
          http://www.unm.edu/~evil242/ . . * . UNM IT-Platforms & DBs
          * . . + . . . . + . + * +
          + . * . + * . + . + . * * . . + .
          . . . . + . . . . . . . . . .
        • sca_brew-owner@yahoogroups.com
          Message 5 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
            It's taken care of.

            -EA

            --- In sca_brew@yahoogroups.com, Damion <evil242@...> wrote:

            > But still, it is spam not related to the list topic. Should we sack the
            > sender?
            >

            > On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, CJ M wrote:
            >

            > > Its a book report.
            > >
            > > I checked it with several anti virus programs using online tools and it came
            > > back clean. I opened it and saw no problems, it appears to be from the
            > > sender.
            > >
            > > When you see things like this, you can run a file through VirusTotal,
            > > Norman, Joebox or many other online tools and they will do automated
            > > analysis to see if its malicious using dozens of programs. If its a link you
            > > can use www.urlvoid.com to check the address first.
            > >
            > > http://www.norman.com/security_center/security_tools/submit_file/en-us
            > > http://www.joebox.org/submit.php#form
            > > http://www.virustotal.com/
            > >
            > > Now the real question is if you want to read a report about Icarus and
            > > Common Sense.
            > >
            > > Brynn
            > >

            > > --
            > > _-=-_   _-=-_   _-=-_
            > > Brynniulfr "Brynn" Herleifsson
            > > Greyhope Pursuivant
            > > m/k/a CJ Miller
            > > Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
            > > "I will find a way, or make one"
            > >

            > Damion Terrell . + . . . + . * . + @ + . * . +
            > evil242@... * . + * . + . Systems Analyst III * .
            > http://www.unm.edu/~evil242/ . . * . UNM IT-Platforms & DBs

          • donald st. jean
            Message 6 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010

              Sorry my fat finger struck again…

              Humbly yours,

              Gerhard

              The wisdom of strategy is unique. Even when involved in difficult battle, never cease to learn the principles of strategy, so that your spirit will remain steady.
              Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings