does anyone want to confirm this email

  • Daphnebd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
      Hi all!  I got a request that "Tracey wants to add you as a friend :)" with the following message:

      "We share the sca_brew group. I want to add you as a friend in Grouply so you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my favorite group messages.

      Here is the link:
      http://www.grouply.com/register.php?r=2948222&vt=57210992 .

      Tracey"
      I just want to confirm that this was intentionally sent and not generated Spam by a computer.

      Thanks,

      Dafne

    • Harry Billings
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
        I put it in the trash and would consider it spam.

        plachoya
        Ansteorra

        Hi all!  I got a request that "Tracey wants to add you as a friend :)" with the following message:

        "We share the sca_brew group. I want to add you as a friend in Grouply so you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my favorite group messages.

        Here is the link:
        http://www.grouply. com/register. php?r=2948222&vt=57210992 .

        Tracey"
        I just want to confirm that this was intentionally sent and not generated Spam by a computer.

        Thanks,

        Dafne

        .

        Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to meet. Check it out.
      • leaking pen
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
          its spam. ive been getting it on a LOT of yahoogroups that im on with
          open membership. it grabs a random member name and spams that message
          out.

        • marribeth@tampabay.rr.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
            Yeah true - it has happened on my other yahoogroups.
            Lydia

            ---- leaking pen <itsatrap@...> wrote:
            its spam. ive been getting it on a LOT of yahoogroups that im on with
            open membership. it grabs a random member name and spams that message
            out.

            On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:44 AM, <Daphnebd@...> wrote:
            > Hi all!  I got a request that "Tracey wants to add you as a friend :)" with
            > the following message:
            >

            > "We share the sca_brew group. I want to add you as a friend in Grouply so
            > you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my favorite group
            > messages.
            >
            > Here is the link:
            > http://www.grouply.com/register.php?r=2948222&vt=57210992 .
            >
            > Tracey"
            >
            > I just want to confirm that this was intentionally sent and not generated
            > Spam by a computer.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Dafne
          • Eadric Anstapa
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
              Well this group doesn't have OPEN membership but someone who does have
              a membership here has this on their PC and it is harvesting peoples
              emails and sending SPAM directly to you.

              Regards,

              -EA

              leaking pen wrote:
              > its spam. ive been getting it on a LOT of yahoogroups that im on with
              > open membership. it grabs a random member name and spams that message
              > out.
              >
              > On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:44 AM, <Daphnebd@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Hi all! I got a request that "Tracey wants to add you as a friend :)" with
              >> the following message:
              >>

              >> "We share the sca_brew group. I want to add you as a friend in Grouply so
              >> you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my favorite group
              >> messages.
              >>
              >> Here is the link:
              >> http://www.grouply.com/register.php?r=2948222&vt=57210992 .
              >>
              >> Tracey"
              >>
              >> I just want to confirm that this was intentionally sent and not generated
              >> Spam by a computer.
              >>
              >> Thanks,
              >>
              >> Dafne

            • Audrey Bergeron-Morin
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 6, 2009
                Grouply is a legitimate site, a kind of facebook-linking site thing,
                but it's very invasive in the way it attempts to recruit people,
                because it starts sending invites without you realizing you're sending
                invites!

                That means Tracey went to the Grouply page and subscribed. It's a
                machine-sent message coming from an actual human being... think of it
                as if Facebook started sending invites automatically to all people in
                your address book, without letting you choose who you want to invite
                or not.

                Personnally, I consider it SPAM. But it's not SPAM as in "sent
                autmatically by a machine trying to sell you useless stuff, get your
                credit card number or infect your computer" kind of thing.