Standardized Forms

  • Jon Zanger
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2009
      Please forgive the crossposting

      Do we have available standardized forms for judging brewing competitions, and a consensus on how to judge the different types of submissions ?

      --Johan
    • Chief Timotheus
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2009
        No.  Each group seems to do this in a different way.

        The forms the Right Noble Brewers Guild of Caid use are on their Website.

        Scroll down and look under Judging Forms.

        Timotheus

        On 2/5/09, Jon Zanger <J.zanger@...> wrote:

        Please forgive the crossposting

        Do we have available standardized forms for judging brewing competitions, and a consensus on how to judge the different types of submissions ?

        --Johan

      • Tadhg
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2009
          Greetings,

          I strongly recommend using the InterKingdom Brewing Guild forms:
          http://www.greydragon.org/ikbg/forms.html

          Regards,
          Tadhg
          ...brick by brick

          Do we have available standardized forms for judging brewing competitions, and a consensus on how to judge the different types of submissions ?

          --Johan

        • Earik MaxSkellie
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2009
            Jon Zanger wrote:
            Please forgive the crossposting

            Do we have available standardized forms for judging brewing competitions, and a consensus on how to judge the different types of submissions ?

            --Johan
            IKBG has a form, but each kingdom has different a&s criteria, forms, etc. I have always thought it would be a good idea for the brewers of the known universe to unite and adapt the BJCP standards. I think if we used those standards and added a section for documentation it would be well received around the known world. there are not a lot of brewing experts out there, and giving non-brewers a criteria which they can use to judge brewing would help people better understand our craft.

            Ld. Earik MacSkellie, esq.
            Ayreton Brewers Guild

            "Doo after the good and leve the evyl, and it shal brynge you to good fame and renommee."
            - William Caxton's preface to Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur

          • W LEHMAN
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2009

              We don't have a standardized form here in Antir, but I teach a judgeing class and use this one.
              Morrigan Graham

              To: sca_brew@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 6, 2009
                I had no idea what you meant when you said BJCP, would have helped if you had provided a link, so I did a little research. www.bjcp.org Beer Judge Certification Program.

                The whole purpose in my starting this conversation is to bring to our attention that there are no standards set. Can we set standards to judging that is subjective ? Do we want to set standards that are knowne universe wide? Is there a way to objectively judge a brewing competition ? in medieval times would it not have been the winner is who the King selects ?

                Johan

                On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at  2:07 AM, Earik MaxSkellie wrote:

                Jon Zanger wrote: Please forgive the crossposting

[...]

              • scott horner
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 6, 2009
                  Greetings My Lord,

                  I am providing a link to the standardized forms we use here in Caid. While they are loosly based on the BJCP forms we have expanded them quite a bit for our own needs (note the points for documentation)

                  You will find the form under "Judging Forms"
                  I would also be happy to discuss our Judge certification program with you off list if you are interested.

                  Let me know if you would like further information

                  YIS

                  Reinhardt Medebruer

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 6, 2009
                    The forms Atlantia's Brewers Guild uses are currently off the site -
                    the site is getting a facelift - will send them to you offline.

                    Sorcha Prechan