Re: [SCA_Brew] Re: My latest cordials

  • Ben Cogan
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 1, 2006
      Another grain that is usually OK for Celiacs and is gluten free is Millet.  At least one of the Canadian breweries is making a gluten free Millet beer that's a medium dark ale and decently tastey even when compared to full barley ales.

      Brandubh

      On 1/31/06, eadriclongfellow <hunahpumonkey@...> wrote:
      It looks like the commercial example has got pretty good distribution
      in the Northeastern US:

      http://www.bardsbeer.com/index.html

      - Edric, the all-grain evangelist
      http://hunahpu.blogspot.com/

      --- In sca_brew@yahoogroups.com, "eadriclongfellow"

      <hunahpumonkey@h...> wrote:

      > Sorry, I should have read the post more carefully.  You mentioned
      that.

      > --- In sca_brew@yahoogroups.com, "eadriclongfellow"
      > <hunahpumonkey@h...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I know that there have been attempts to brew beer with corn, rice and
      > > sorghum, just for the sake of omitting the gluten that celiac patients
      > > are allergic to.  There is quite a bit of information online about it.
      > >  Just do a Google search on celiac and beer.
      > >
      > > - Edric, the all-grain evangelist
      > > http://hunahpu.blogspot.com/
      > >
      > > --- In sca_brew@yahoogroups.com, NINacide@a... wrote:
      > > >
      > > > well long story short, my girlfriend would be allergic to anything
      > > made  with
      > > > a smack pack.  Now when it comes to malted things like beers or malt
      > >  liquor,
      > > > she just drinks apple cider instead.  There is a group that is
      doing
      > > > research on wheat free gluten free beers, but the guy that I talked
      > > to was  an ass.
      > > > There is a celiac friend beer that can be found in Quebec, but
      > > that's too
      > > > much trouble for us.  I don't think she's willing to go through  any
      > > kind of
      > > > trouble for beer.  She can handle spelt and oats, which are two
      > > candidates for
      > > > beer making, but I don't think we're that interested in  trying.

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • sca_brew@yahoogroups.com
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 19, 2011
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the sca_brew
        group.

        File : /Late Period Wine Making/Wine Making -- Now and Then (7 May 2011).pdf
        Uploaded by : carraig1014 <carraig1014@...>
        Description : Research Entry -- Calontir Kingdom A&S -- May 2011

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        carraig1014 <carraig1014@...>