Re: THANKSGIVING

  • eadriclongfellow
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 1, 2004
      This is what I've got. I've got one 12 oz bottle of Belgian Wit,
      which took first place at the Highlands War brewing competition here
      in the fair kindom of Atenveldt. I've also got one 12 oz bottle of
      Oatmeal Stout, which took second.

      Those are my last two bottles of anything I've brewed. They were
      brewed back in June, so I fear that they are not as fresh as they once
      were, though I imagine that they are still pretty good, as long as
      they did not oxidize too terribly between now and then.

      As I mentioned before, I will not be able to brew anything new until
      February, when our new house it built. To make matters worse, between
      now and then, we will be moving in with some friends that are dry. We
      can not have any alcohol in their house. As a result, if I
      participate in the exchange, I'm not asking that anybody send me
      anything in return.

      I'm willing to put these two bottle in the exchange, but I've got to
      get rid of them within two weeks, when we move in with those dry
      friends. I'm not quite sure how to coordinate all that.

      Lady Thelia, if you have someone in mind that I can send these to, let
      me know at: hunahpumonkey@...

      Thanks,

      -Edric

      --- In sca_brew@yahoogroups.com, Lady Thalia <thalia_thebrewer@y...>
      wrote:
      > Greeting my Dear Cousins,
      >
      > It's time for all of you that are interested in sharing a bottle of
      mead or wine for the Thanksgiving tasting to e-mail me back with
      their snail mail address. ( which you will receive back by private
      e-mail where to send yours to.) Please do this privately. (to advoid
      having your addy presented to the world.)

      > It should not cost a lot to mail it. I'm thinking about $5 - 6.00
      >

      > For the new people on the list, we are going to mail each other a
      bottle of our favorite mead or wine that we made and share a the
      bottle with an SCA brew Buddie. We will drink it during the
      Thanksgiving holiday and then we all share on the list our experience
      with the particular wine or mead we received. And everyone is invited
      to join in if you want. We won't twist your arm to hard.

      > All that are interested please e-mail me back and put thanksgiving
      in the subject box.
      > Only serious inqueries please.
      >
      > Deadline for submitting your addy will be November 5th that way we
      will have 3 weeks to get it delivered. Those of you that live over
      seas please respond too and I'll try to mate you up over there so you
      don't have to ship it around the world..

      > Thank you
      >
      > Lady Thalia
      > Brew Master for the Dragons Breath Brewwers Guild of Trimaris.

    • Kiley Myers
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 1, 2004
        Eadric,

        Maybe we should pair up then. I can take what you've
        brewed, and the mead I made won't be ready until at
        least February. :) I made my first batch in Feb, but I
        think it may have gotten air damaged. I found it one
        day without the airlock. I have no idea if the thing
        was off 30 seconds, or 12 hours. I use a different
        kind of airlock now. The batch I made in March has had
        no such accident, and neither has the one I made after
        that.

        Cailieigh

        =====
        Caileigh's Castiles
        Artizan Soaps
        It's good clean fun!

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • henrybalsac
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 14, 2004
          Should I have recieved my "exchange information" by now....
          or was my email for involvement not recieved?

          thanks eitherway
          HBD