Barrel

  • NATHAN T Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2000
      I was looking around for a good source of oak barrels and found a place called Micro Barrels in CA. Supposable they make 5 and 10 gal barrels out of older wine barrels from Nappa. Has anyone ever heard of these guys or anyone doing something similar to this? I was consider ordering a barrel from them for the prize at Helena's Rhythm and Brews Fest (http;//stumbleinn.homestead.com) but was hopeing to know what I was getting into (they are about $150 I think for the 10 gal., probably a bit cheaper for the 5 gal.)

      Or, does anyone have a better source? I can get the non-reconditioned american oak barrels for about $120 but I figure the used ones will have already gone through there conditioning period and would be easier to use.

      Nathi