Pennsic IKBG

  • zuriel
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5 12:45 PM
      Greetings all who participated in the IKBG at this years Pennsic War.

      I just wanted to take a few minuets to thank all of you for participating in this years competition.  We had 60 entries this year and the judges were kept busy until 7.30 that evening.

      I also wanted to thank the following judges who took time from their busy days to come help us out: (in no order)

      Arinwald
      Cydrych
      James (Skip)
      Rupert
      Jeanne
      Dominique
      Arwenna
      Terafan
      Trelogin
      Jane
      Mustafa
      Ludwig
      Dorigien

      Even with all these judges, it would have been nice to have another set of beer judges.  We were able to divide the Wine/Mead into 2 groups, but the beer category was the largest and therefore took the longest (plus not all judges could stay the entire time).

      It seems like Sunday of War Week works best for most people, since it doesn't conflict with any battles.  I realize that it will probably conflict with those on the Archery Champions team (I wasn't able to go myself and I had a few judges apologies for not being able to help out), but it is impossible to accommodate everyone.  Having it earlier in the War also means that beverages are a bit "fresher" and don't become victims of Pennsic weather changes.  There were several entries that were presented in coolers and I don't think there were more then one or two bottle fatalities upon opening.  Good job!!

      I hope to get in my request earlier for next year and would like to have it run from 1- we're done, again in the messy tent (it's nice to have the sink!).  Anyone that has any suggestions to better the competition, please let myself and Terafan know and we will see what we can do about it.

      I am currently working on entering the scores into the IKBG website

      They should be on the site in the next few weeks.  I will also be sending individual Emails with your results.  If you don't hear from me, it means I couldn't read your handwriting and it bounced back at me.  Please check the website for your results and then send me an Email with your correct Email address so I can fix my database (this information will not be on the web site- so don't worry).

      I will post when I have all the results on the website.

      Again, thank you for participating in this years guild competition and we are working to improve the guild.  As many of you know, this has been a rough time for us and we are getting everything finally sorted out.  If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let us know and we will see what we can do.

      In service to the Crown,
      THL Zuriel Nightshade
      House Darkyard, Middle Kingdom
      Secretary for the IKBG

    • zuriel
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10 3:11 PM
        Hey everyone-

        I just wanted to let you all know that the Pennsic IKBG results are posted on the IKBG site.

        It can be found here:

        Click on 'competitions' then Pennsic 2004

        Thank you again for participating.  We had 58 entries total with 28 participants (12 of wich were new to the IKBG).  I look forward to seeing you all again next Pennsic!

        In Service,
        Zuriel
      • THL Isaac MacDaniel
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2009
          This is a list for Brewers throughout the SCA to discuss issues, events, competitions, brewing and anything else of interest.
          I wanted to let you all know that I have received conformation on this years IKBG at Pennsic.

          It will be MONDAY August 3, at 3.00pm in AS 14 (double check the book when you get to war to make sure the time/place is the same).
        • Lucia Piazetta
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 16, 2009
            I won't be attending Pennsic, but my husband will. Would it be possible to enter some items if I send them with him?

            --- In sca_brew@yahoogroups.com, "THL Isaac MacDaniel" <isaac01@...> wrote:

            > This is a list for Brewers throughout the SCA to discuss issues, events, competitions, brewing and anything else of interest. I wanted to let you all know that I have received conformation on this years IKBG at Pennsic.
            >
            > It will be MONDAY August 3, at 3.00pm in AS 14 (double check the book when you get to war to make sure the time/place is the same).

          • Tadhg
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 16, 2009
              Absolutely...remember to send whatever documentation you have, as well.

              Regards,
              Tadhg
              ...brick by brick

              I won't be attending Pennsic, but my husband will. Would it be possible to enter some items if I send them with him?

              --- In sca_brew@yahoogroup s.com, "THL Isaac MacDaniel" <isaac01@... > wrote:

              > This is a list for Brewers throughout the SCA to discuss issues, events, competitions, brewing and anything else of interest. I wanted to let you all know that I have received conformation on this years IKBG at Pennsic.
              >
              > It will be MONDAY August 3, at 3.00pm in AS 14 (double check the book when you get to war to make sure the time/place is the same).

            • Earik MacSkellie
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 18, 2009
                I have done this in the past. It is so much better to get feedback
                face to face, but when all else fails, do what you have to.

                --
                Ld. Earik MacSkellie, esq.
                Ayreton Brewers Guild

                "Doo after the good and leve the evyl, and it shal brynge you to good
                fame and renommee."
                - William Caxton's preface to Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur
              • bkrose40
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 18, 2009
                  Pennsic 2009 scores have been posted.

                  http://www.greydragon.org/ikbg/index.html