Re: [SCA_Brew] Digest Number 801

  • Nicholas Carter
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      Dear Gentle,
      The Brewing stuff is listed on the website under one
      of the subheadings (with all of the activities for the
      day)-Frolicking

      As for the uncorking fee, the competetion bottles will
      not fall under this, but any other general use
      beverages will. The site has its own alcohol
      concession, so they like it if they can make money off
      of any drinking that goes on. As for consumption in
      general, the concept was to make the option available
      for gentles to bring a beverage for their evening
      repast or such.

      By the way,
      Who are you? Do I know you? If not, then I am
      slacking if we are truly minutes from you...

      YIS,
      Ortlip

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:17:54 -0000
      > From: "omnigroove1" <omnigroove1@...>
      > Subject: Re: Announcement of Contest in the Middle
      >
      > This is minutes from my home. If we all pray very
      > hard to the
      > gremlins who govern the activities of yeast, I'll be
      > bringing the
      > Ceewlator Doppelbock. This promises to be a true
      > conversation-killer
      > of a beer with enough biscuit malt to make it a good
      > drink with
      > sausage gravy.
      >
      > I'm concerned about the site provisions as listed on
      > the website.
      > There is no reference to any invitation for brewers
      > and it makes
      > mention of a $2 corking fee per bottle of wine? Are
      > brewers out $50
      > for bringing a case?

      =====
      Remember to always live each day like your last or your first, full of wonder and awe of the things of life

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • omnigroove1
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
        If your name is pronounced by many as "Ortleib", then I know you by
        reputation, and possibly by sight, through various Brandenbergs,
        particularly through Doncadh and Artis (Circlewolf people...)

        I'll bring a sixpack for the competition, and a car with a messy
        trunk to hide the rest.

        --- In sca_brew@yahoogroups.com, Nicholas Carter <cookin_now@y...>