Re: [SCA_Brew] Re: Has anyone tried brewing a braggot?

  • PBLoomis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2002
      In a message dated 12/31/01 4:43:44 PM Central Standard Time,
      neophytesg@... writes:

      > The
      > sulfited and natural batches tasted identical by my palate and those of my
      > taste-testers, and did have more of the delicate nuances of the original
      > blackberry honey (more noticeable in the 3-4#/gallon) but less mouth-feel
      > (the impression of being "thinner" than the boiled [ideas why?]).

      Guesswork: You may have very light carmelization of some of the
      honey in the boiled version, which might give more mouthfeel.
      Real Answer: Damfino. 8-)
      Thanks.
      BTW, what yeast do you use for meads NOW?
      Scotti
      Knowledge is never wasted, nor is the time to acquire it.