Re: [SCA-JML] japanese feast gear question

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2003

      Greetings from Solveig! I'm not exactly clear what you are looking for.
      There are the collection of lacquerware bowls used at zen temples.
      There are the stacked dishes used for lunch by officials,
      There are the eclectic collections of bowls used in kaiseki, &c.

      I just noticed the offer from the ceramicist. Kaiseki usually uses
      both lacquerware and pottery bowls. For example, the rice bowl and
      the soup bowl are both lacquerware, but a variety of other bowls
      are pottery.