[SCA-JML] armor

  • shubnigurath@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 1999
      Okay, so you don't like the illustrations in "Secrets of the Samurai".
      But how is the information? I mean, it has a pretty impressive looking
      bibliography, but is the information accurate?
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 1999
        shubnigurath@... wrote:

        > Okay, so you don't like the illustrations in "Secrets of the Samurai".
        > But how is the information? I mean, it has a pretty impressive looking
        > bibliography, but is the information accurate?

        On the whole, the information is pretty good. I'm just really used to
        people trying to make armour or costume from sketches in that book...

        Effingham
      • richard johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
          Some time ago, I found a website where someone made some 'japanese' armor
          from a 20 gallon black plastic drum.

          That seemed like an inexpensive way to go and saved the site while i
          searched for a drum.

          Now, a long time later, I found the drum (suprisingly enough from my
          daughters High School German Teacher) and cannot find that site. Probably
          due to my computer crashing a few times.

          Does this site sound familiar to anyone?
          If so, can you send me the URL and comments so I can decide if i really want
          to cut the thing up for armor or not.

          Thanks.

          --
          Rick Johnson
          "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security

        • Shefferly, Charles
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
            Try here

            http://www.yamakaminari.com/Armor/index.html

            ________________________________

            Some time ago, I found a website where someone made some 'japanese'
            armor
            from a 20 gallon black plastic drum.

            That seemed like an inexpensive way to go and saved the site while i
            searched for a drum.

            Now, a long time later, I found the drum (suprisingly enough from my
            daughters High School German Teacher) and cannot find that site.
            Probably
            due to my computer crashing a few times.

            Does this site sound familiar to anyone?
            If so, can you send me the URL and comments so I can decide if i really
            want
            to cut the thing up for armor or not.

            Thanks.

            --
            Rick Johnson
            security
            will soon find that they have neither."

            **********************
            ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
            **********************

            This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
            legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
            information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
            or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
            this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
            hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
            or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
            prohibited. If you have received this message in
            error, please immediately notify the sender and
            delete this E-mail message from your computer.

          • richard johnson
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
              Thank you.
              This isn't the one I remember so either the website was updated or someone
              else came up with the same idea.

              I'll study this one and see if I can use it.

              Again, thank you.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009